Jobs In Kenya 2019
KenyaCurrentJobs is creating transparency between you and the employers. Visit us everyday for latest jobs in Kenya. Search & apply your dream jobs in Kenya today with just a click away. The best job search website in Kenya. Please do not pay anybody a fee in the name of KenyaCurrentJobs. Proceed with caution. Report fraudulent jobs to email@example.com
A Must Read Article: 10 checks to identify fraudulent or scam job offers
The Co-operative Bank of Kenya Limited is incorporated in Kenya under the Company Act and is also licensed to do the business of banking under the Banking Act. The Bank was initially registered under the Co-operative Societies Act at the point of founding in 1965.
Are you a Chinese-speaking sales driven individual, passionate about business development, building and creating value for client relationships? Are you looking for an exciting and challenging opportunity to build and grow the Chinese business portfolio in a Bank that promotes individual excellence and mutual respect in a team-driven culture with a key focus on social empowerment? The Co-operative Bank of Kenya, “The Kingdom Bank” is the place for those looking to these new frontiers.
We are seeking to recruit an experienced professional and innovative individual with great drive as well as determination to deliver a clear vision and world-class client services to the Chinese Business segment. If you have an excellent sales track record in this area with solid credit experience, this opportunity could be your next career move.
The Chinese-speaking Relationship Manager will be charged with the responsibility of establishing and deepening value driven cordial banking relationships with all clients within the target market segment. He/she will aim to increase the Bank’s visibility among the Chinese business clients, to provide client-focused solutions and work closely with product teams to identify more innovative products and services to meet the needs of the Chinese business segment as required.
Specifically, the successful jobholder will be required to:
- Develop an intimate understanding of the Chinese markets, industry and business; understand the needs and ways of working, business practices and market conditions affecting the long term sustainability and viability of the business and sector.
- Formulate acquisition strategies of obtaining new clients and nurture the relationships especially those in the Chinese segment to ensure that the Bank maximizes on the Business potential / wallet size of the customer ensuring that they enjoy the highest standards of service.
- Develop forecasts and execute strategies on how to grow the liabilities, forex turnover & income, trade finance business secured by cash margins, cash management business through the use of cards and growth to boost the bank’s profitability.
- Establish partnership with various Chinese associations and develop and package winning value propositions targeting major relationships with huge potential for stable deposits, quality asset offerings and substantial non -funded income opportunities.
- Provide specialist input on specific products and product mix for the Chinese business segment at the appropriate time and level in order to create solutions which effectively satisfy client needs.
- Proactively monitor markets and pre-empt risks for both the Bank and the client with timely identification of potential problem accounts and formulating appropriate risk mitigating strategies
- Keep abreast of developments in the market; be aware of projects to be carried out by parastatals, government ministries and developmental agencies and their various sources of funding with a view to market for collection business from cash rich corporates with large collections volumes.
Skills, Competencies and Experience
- A Bachelor’s degree in Business related field: Marketing, Economics, Business Administration, Finance, Accounting, or any other relevant field from a recognized university.
- Fluent speaking and writing in Mandarin and English language.
- A good understanding of the Chinese culture and work ethics preferably having studied, worked and lived in China.
- A minimum 3 years’ experience as a Relationship Manager preferably managing corporate and institutional clients.
- Knowledge of various products and services targeting Chinese business segments.
- Knowledgeable in structuring and execution of Trade Finance transactions and experience in corporate lending.
- Excellent understanding of credit, business and industry-associated risks profile of diverse industries.
- Analytical and presentation skills for pitching proposals and responses to Request For Proposals and for preparing complex credit applications.