Jobs In Kenya 2019
KenyaCurrentJobs is creating transparency between you and the employers. Visit us everyday for latest jobs in Kenya. Search & apply your dream jobs in Kenya today with just a click away. The best job search website in Kenya. Please do not pay anybody a fee in the name of KenyaCurrentJobs. Proceed with caution. Report fraudulent jobs to email@example.com
A Must Read Article: 10 checks to identify fraudulent or scam job offers
- Provide strategic leadership and administration on all matters concerning culture, arts and heritage;
- Monitoring and evaluating the effective implementation of national and local laws and policies on culture, arts and heritage in the county;
- Plan, implement, monitor the development culture, arts and heritage; such as art centres, museums etc;
- Oversee the interpretation and implementation of culture, arts and heritage related policies, as well as development of regulations in line with county and national legislations;
- Promote and encourage the access to participation in and enjoyment of culture, arts and heritage activities;
- Enhance the integration of culture, arts and heritage into all aspects of socioeconomic development;
- Plan and develop proper research practices in relation to culture, arts and heritage;
- Develop and maintain appropriate records of all culture, arts and heritage resources within the county;
- Advising on matters regarding culture, arts and heritage;
- Liaising with NGO, CBO and other stakeholders on matters regarding community culture, arts and heritage in the county;
- Monitoring and evaluating community awareness and involvement in culture, arts and heritage in the county;
- Coordinating the collection, analysis and disseminating of community in culture, arts and heritage information in the county;
- Supervising, registering and promoting community development groups in culture, arts and heritage;
- Perform any other related duties that may be assigned from time to time.
- Served in a comparable and relevant position in the Public Service for a minimum period of five (5) years;
- Be a holder of a degree in any of the following Disciplines; Cultural Studies, Anthropology, Sociology, History, Philosophy, Archaeology, Creative arts, Theatre Arts, Music, Fine Art, Kiswahili and literary studies, Political science, psychology, indigenous language or its equivalent from a recognized institution;
- A Master’s degree in the relevant field will be an added advantage;
- Have attended a Senior Management Course lasting not less than four (4) weeks from Kenya School of Government;
- Certificate in computer applications;
- Demonstrated general administrative ability required for direction, control and implementation of culture and art activities;
- Satisfy requirements of chapter six of the constitution of Kenya 2010.
Qualified and interested candidates should download and duly fill a job application form provided on our website: www.tanariver.go.ke/vacancies attach and submit their applications with updated CV, a copy of National Identity Card, copies of academic and professional certificates, names and contacts of three (3) referees, and other relevant testimonials to:
The Board Secretary/CEO
County Public Service Board of Tana River
P.O. Box 181 – 70101
All applications clearly specifying the position applied for on the top left side of the envelope should be received on or before 31st May 2019.
All applicants MUST comply with the requirements of Chapter six (6) of the Constitution.
Kindly note that only shortlisted and successful candidates will be contacted. Any form of canvassing will lead to automatic disqualification.
The County Government of Tana River is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Women, marginalized and persons with disabilities (PDWs) are encouraged to apply.