Jobs In Kenya 2019
KenyaCurrentJobs is creating transparency between you and the employers. Visit us everyday for latest jobs in Kenya. Search & apply your dream jobs in Kenya today with just a click away. The best job search website in Kenya. Please do not pay anybody a fee in the name of KenyaCurrentJobs. Proceed with caution. Report fraudulent jobs to firstname.lastname@example.org
A Must Read Article: 10 checks to identify fraudulent or scam job offers
Do you want your work to matter? Do you want to use your skills to make a difference, not just a living? Do you want to improve millions of lives, including your own?
Living Goods (LG) seeks to improve the lives of tens of millions of underserved customers by revolutionizing the way community health is delivered in the developing world. To do this, Living Goods not only grows its own business operations, but also dramatically magnifies its impact through large-scale partnerships. Living Goods works with many of the world’s leading visionary organizations across the corporate, social and government sectors. Current partners include the governments of Kenya and Uganda, plus Care International, BRAC and PSI. Living Goods’ future success increasingly depends on the state of the art mHealth, communications, the latest mobile tools, apps and technologies to drive impact.
We have created a Community Health Innovation Network to research, test and demonstrate the viability of community based technical innovations. The Network will house and explore a wide range of initiatives that will integrate traditional public health interventions with technology and diagnostic software and hardware. We are seeking an innovative and dynamic professional to join LG as the Senior Program Manager.
The Senior Program Manager will work closely with both LG internal resources and external partners to ensure the flawless execution of Innovation Network projects and contribute to strategic evaluation of various initiatives within Innovation Network to allign with organizational goals. You will be an expert in effectively managing the numerous stakeholders and elements of a program. You will have primary responsibility for the management of all innovation network projects, with a focus on meeting project commitments, including communications with key internal and external stakeholders. You will provide direct supervision to project resources involved in the specific projects/initiative(s). You will own delivery against project plans, overseeing coordination across teams within LG and with our partners, identifying and managing risks, ensuring LG & Partners deliver against agreed timelines, budget and scope. You will support the leadership of the network and coordinate and operationalize the day-to-day management of the Innovation Network.
- Strategic evaluation of initiatives and projects within Innovation Network
- Scaling Innovation Network projects to the operational level
- Active engagement with external partners
- Deliver a coordinated set of Innovation Network projects from design through implementation
- Develop and drive robust work plans outlining objectives, goals, timelines, tasks, and resource requirements. Resolve or assist in the resolution of conflicts within and between projects or functional areas.
- Manage project staff and resources including the budget; and ensuring a high standard of performance is delivered on all the projects.
- Design and own methods for tracking progress and managing risks. Take corrective action if necessary.
- Monitor progress on all projects and deliver timely status reporting to internal and external, e.g. the Steering Committee, LG Management, Technical Committee. Chair the Technical Committee.
- Remain current on key developments in the community health and technical field.
- Provide mentoring, coaching and direction setting to team members.
- Dissemination of results to wider audience.
- 3 years expereince of leading mid size team
- Relevant undergraduate qualification with project management qualification, e.g. PMP, Prince2, PMQ etc.
- Minimum of 7 years of program management experience overseeing complex programs. Success in managing multiple technology projects is preferred.
- Broad knowledge of Information & Communications Technology (ICT) and its application.
- Proven ability to contribute and to succeed in a rapidly expanding and fast-paced organization.
- Exceptional analytical skills, commitment to accuracy and attention to detail
- Excellent communication skills including the ability to adapt communication (verbal and written) to different stakeholders.
- Expertise in project planning and tracking tools. Expertise in the Microsoft Office suite, e.g. Excel, PowerPoint is a must.
A competitive salary and benefits package commensurate with experience including health insurance and bonus opportunity. The opportunity to be your best while making lives better for those in need.
Living Goods is an equal opportunity employer and will consider every qualified applicant for employment. Living Goods does not discriminate based on race, ethnicity, national origin, ancestry, religion, gender, sexual orientation or disability.
Living Goods does not offer any positions without an interview and never asks candidates for money. If you are asked for money, we strongly recommend that you do not respond and do not send money or personal information.
Interested applicants should: