Jobs In Kenya 2019
KenyaCurrentJobs is creating transparency between you and the employers. Visit us everyday for latest jobs in Kenya. Search & apply your dream jobs in Kenya today with just a click away. The best job search website in Kenya. Please do not pay anybody a fee in the name of KenyaCurrentJobs. Proceed with caution. Report fraudulent jobs to email@example.com
A Must Read Article: 10 checks to identify fraudulent or scam job offers
Rafiki wa Maendeleo Trust is an organization operating in rural Rarieda District. The organization began as a grass-root CBO in 2003 to assist orphaned children and youth through community empowerment.
Rafiki wa Maendeleo Trust has since developed into a dynamic organization, focused on empowerment and development, both within the community and the organization. We are currently seeking to recruit talented, progressive and team-oriented individuals to fill the position of Finance Assistant-Inventory.
Due to the rural set-up and challenges associated therewith, all applicants should have a personal commitment to community development. Applicants should take time to reflect and make sure they resonate strongly with Rafiki wa Maendeleo Trust’s vision and mission before considering to apply.
Purpose of The Position
Provide efficient, timely and accurate financial management information and expertise to enable timely management decision-making and safeguard the company’s assets from loss arising from fraud or error.
- Participate in the formulation and implementation of financial management strategies and policies.
- Raise petty cash replenishment requests when petty cash replenishment level is attained.
- Update projects financial records i.e. project books, bank and petty cash books, ledgers and journal.
- Cash management including safeguard of cash and ensuring adequate cash at all times.
- Assist in compiling monthly financial donor reports.
- Carry out weekly and spontaneous Petty Cash count.
- Ensure cash disbursement are liquidated on time.
- Send cash advance reports on time.
- Ensure proper support documents are attached to cheque and petty cash vouchers.
- Participate in both internal and external audit
- Ensure that the project does not suffer financial loss through fraud and error.
- Ensure safekeeping of all unused cheque books.
- Assist in carrying out spot checks on inventory with departments and report any variations.
- Perform the functions of store personnel in the absence of designated staff.
- Check all requisitions before issues or cash disbursements for procurement as relates to specific donors.
- Participate in stock take
Governance and Management
- Ensure adherence to RWMT’s policies and procedures as outlined in the Financial Policy and Procedures and Procurement Manuals, accounting standards and statutory requirement pertaining to accounting and financial reporting.
- Attend workshops and forums whenever called to.
- Actively participate in the Saturday Psycho-Social Support Program for Orphaned and Vulnerable Children and build the community’s capacity to eventually run the Saturday PSS on their own.
- Perform any other duties and responsibilities which may be assigned by the Supervisor and management from time to time and which are related to the achievement of RWMT’s mission and vision.
(The knowledge, skills and abilities may be required through a combination of formal schooling, self-education and prior experience or on-the-job-training).
- At least a Diploma in Finance or other relevant disciplines
- At least seven (2) years’ experience in a busy finance department. Preference will be given to candidates who have worked with several grants in a rural set up.
- A professional qualification of CPA Section 3/4.
- Detail oriented and well-organized
- Requires strong interpersonal, communication, negotiation, and administration skills.
Special Working Conditions
The position may require the incumbent to work long and odd hours when necessary to meet deadlines or respond to specific situations.