Jobs In Kenya 2019
KenyaCurrentJobs is creating transparency between you and the employers. Visit us everyday for latest jobs in Kenya. Search & apply your dream jobs in Kenya today with just a click away. The best job search website in Kenya. Please do not pay anybody a fee in the name of KenyaCurrentJobs. Proceed with caution. Report fraudulent jobs to email@example.com
A Must Read Article: 10 checks to identify fraudulent or scam job offers
The officer will be responsible to the Director Programme & Research.
- Manage staff performance in the department;
- Provide leadership in the development of policies on Research, Monitoring, Evaluation & Documentation for the Commission;
- Provide leadership in the design and development of research projects, monitoring and evaluation system for the C
- Provide leadership in the development of M&E indicators for monitoring the integration of Principles of equality and inclusion in public and private sector;
- Provide leadership in the design and installation of a data base on equality and inclusion;
- Strengthen capacity of the Commission in Research, Monitoring and Evaluation;
- Provide leadership in development of Monitoring and Evaluation Plans (MEP) for donor funded projects;
- Ensure timely preparation, implementation and reporting of the departmental work plans;
- Provide leadership on documentation and knowledge management in the Commission;
- Coordinate research activities on matters relating to equality and freedom from discrimination;
- Collaborate with other research institutions to gather evidence on equality and inclusion of the special interest groups of NGEC;
- Coordinate preparation of monthly, quarterly and annual monitoring and evaluation reports drawn from other programme departments to inform national, counties and private sector progress in Kenya;
- Translate reports into policy briefs and provide leadership in the development of evidence-based advisories;
- Ensure establishment of a database of international and regional treaties, conventions and commitments that Kenya has ratified in relation to special interest groups;
- Provide leadership in writing of research concepts and proposals;
- Identify and establish networks and stakeholders for joint research, monitoring and evaluation activities.
For appointment to this position, an applicant must have:
- Served as a Senior Research Officer or Senior Monitoring and Evaluation Officer for a minimum period of eight (8) years, three (3) years of which should have been as in-charge of Research, M&E, Documentation or knowledge management department(s) in a reputable organization;
- Bachelor’s Degree in either the following; Project Management/Planning, Monitoring and Evaluation, Applied Statistics/Research or any other relevant and comparable qualification from a recognized institution in Kenya;
- Master’s Degree in either one of the following; Project Management/Planning, Monitoring and Evaluation, Applied Statistics/Research or any other relevant and comparable qualification from a recognized institution in Kenya;
- An earned PhD in either one of the following; Monitoring and Evaluation, Research or any other relevant field will be an added advantage;
- Conducted research for a minimum period of Six (6) years;
- Atleast three (3) articles in refereed journals;
- vii)A demostrable understanding of gender equality and freedom from dicrimination issues affecting special interest groups of NGEC;
- A demonstrable knowledge and experience in design and execution of different forms of research studies with strict adherance to research ethics;
- Knowledge in use of computer applications for research and data management;
- A thorough understanding of the Constitution of Kenya 2010, devolution, national goals and policies, national development priorities and emerging gender equality and exclusion issues;
Interested candidates who meet the minimum requirements to submit their applications clearly indicating the position applied for together with :
A detailed Curriculum Vitae, (Please indicate your county of origin);
A copy of National Identity Card
Certified copies of Academic Certificates, Transcripts, professional certificates and any other relevant supporting documents;
All applicants should attach a copy of appointment letter;
Applicants should submit three (3) names of referees one of which must be the current employer and their mobile telephone and e-mail contacts.
Please Note that
The National Gender and Equality Commission Commission is an equal opportunity employer.
Persons with Disabilities, people from Marginalized and Minority groups who meet the requirements are encouraged to apply;
iii. The Commission does not ask for any money nor ask applicants to undergo medical examination;
Only shortlisted condidates will be notified and will be required to provide clearance from KRA, CID, EACC, HELB and CRB;
It is a criminal offence for any applicant to provide false information and documents in the job application;
Canvassing will lead to automatic disqualification;
vii. A candidate who applies online must scan and attach all the required documents.
All applications should be addressed to:
The Commisson Secretary/CEO
National Gender and Equality Commission
Solution Tech Building, Longonot Road, Upper Hill
P O Box 27512-00506
Email to: firstname.lastname@example.org
NOTE: Clearly indicate the job reference number on the subject line and on the envelope.
To reach the Commission on or before 27th May 2019.