Jobs In Kenya 2019
KenyaCurrentJobs is creating transparency between you and the employers. Visit us everyday for latest jobs in Kenya. Search & apply your dream jobs in Kenya today with just a click away. The best job search website in Kenya. Please do not pay anybody a fee in the name of KenyaCurrentJobs. Proceed with caution. Report fraudulent jobs to firstname.lastname@example.org
A Must Read Article: 10 checks to identify fraudulent or scam job offers
Equity Group Foundation (EGF) is a corporate foundation of Equity Group Holdings Plc. It was created in 2008 to undertake the social investment work of the bank. It focuses on six critical thematic areas; Agriculture, Education & Leadership Development, Energy & Environment, Entrepreneurship, Financial Education & Inclusion, and Health. Under the Education and Leadership Pillar, EGF is currently implementing 3 programs: 1) Wings to Fly, 2) Equity Leaders Program (ELP), and the 3) Transitions program.
Reporting to the GM – Education & Leadership Development, the Scholar Welfare Coordinator will be responsible for the management of all issues dealing with the wellbeing of the Wings to Fly scholars. These include assisting affected scholars to deal with issues such as acute/chronic illnesses, neglect, child abuse, domestic violence, mental health, addictions and substance abuse.
Coordination and Management
- Developing and constantly revising the scholar welfare manual and roadmap
- Liaise with the schools, branches and EGF Education staff for early identification of scholars at risk
- Coordinate the medical screening during Annual Congresses and Induction and reporting cases that need immediate intervention.
- Propose crisis interventions as informed by prevalent emerging issues and trends.
- Develop case management and treatment plans for scholars with issues or at risk of neglect, abuse and other forms of maltreatment.
- Coordinate refresher training of staff on new and updated policies related to child welfare
- Liaise and maintain relations with medical service providers for timely billing and settling of verified account balances
- Work closely with secondary school heads to implement scholar enrolment into medical insurance, Seco Afya program, by NHIF
- Work with relevant authorities to ensure all cases of abuse are well documented and legal action is taken
- Liaising with EGF’s approved network of providers to offer counselling support
- Develop advocacy materials to empower scholars on their social and psychological wellbeing
- Develop training materials on child protection policy guideline and coordinate implementation for teachers, parents and EGF staff.
- Timely and efficient resolution of all cases reported by ensuring that all reported incidences related to scholar welfare have been logged into their profile in the Data Management Information System (DMIS)
- Working closely with the mentoring teams to identify scholars who may require psychosocial or medical support.
- Organize and implement home visits for scholars with extreme emotional and psychological needs and offer family intervention measures.
- Work closely with M&E team to track and recognize scholar behavior trends and find appropriate treatment plans.
- Prepare written bi-monthly reports of all incidences for internal reference
- Provide quarterly report for submission to board and donor partners
- Monitor, evaluate, and record scholar progress according to indicators described in treatment and care plan
- Document scholar case studies and success stories especially those who will have undergone through psychosocial and counselling services.
- Masters or Bachelor’s degree in Psychology, Social Work, Gender & Development or related field.
- Be a holder of Certificates in counselling and psychology
- At least 5 years demonstrated working experience working with youth affected by social issues including neglect, abuse, domestic violence, mental health and substance abuse.
- Experience in measurement and evaluation of social issues affecting the youth and children.
- Strong personal skills of compassion, listening, maintaining confidentiality
- Must have good judgement and decision-making skills
- Experience and working knowledge on child protection policies
- Willingness to travel frequently to the field.
- Flexibility and willingness to work extra hours including the weekends and holidays
- Ability to remain objective while dealing with difficult situations to as to make informed, impartial decisions.
- Must be a good team player with high organizational and prioritization skills
Interested and qualified? Go to Equity Bank Kenya career website on www.linkedin.com to apply