Jobs In Kenya 2019
KenyaCurrentJobs is creating transparency between you and the employers. Visit us everyday for latest jobs in Kenya. Search & apply your dream jobs in Kenya today with just a click away. The best job search website in Kenya. Please do not pay anybody a fee in the name of KenyaCurrentJobs. Proceed with caution. Report fraudulent jobs to firstname.lastname@example.org
A Must Read Article: 10 checks to identify fraudulent or scam job offers
The United Nations World Food Programme is the world’s largest humanitarian agency fighting hunger worldwide. The mission of WFP is to help the world achieve Zero Hunger in our lifetimes. Every day, WFP works worldwide to ensure that no child goes to bed hungry and that the poorest and most vulnerable, particularly women and children, can access the nutritious food they need.
Digital solutions are rapidly reaching some of the most vulnerable people and places affected by crisis. As one of the main humanitarian actors, the World Food Programme (WFP) has the opportunity and the obligation to leverage data and technology to better know and serve those in need by digitally transforming the way it works. Such ambition led to a plan aimed at establishing, integrating, and mainstreaming the core elements of an end-to-end digital business process.
WFP Kenya Country Office (KCO) has 9 office locations Nairobi, Mombasa, Garissa, Dadaab, Wajir, Kakuma, Lodwar, Isiolo and Marsabit). The Head of the Business Transformation Unit, reporting to the Deputy Country Director, is accountable for providing all KCO staff with the technology products and services that they require to do their work.
For the Nairobi office location, the Business Transformation Unit (BTU) is also responsible for providing IT services to other offices such as Regional Bureau East and Central Africa (RBN), SCOPE Global Service Desk and the Digital Transformation Unit. The Business Transformation Unit is comprised of 4 teams. The Head of BTU manages 11 staff and has an indirect reporting line to 3 TEC staff in Field Offices (Mombasa, Kakuma and Dadaab).
The Head of Business Transformation Unit role is focused on improving the value of technology in WFP Kenya. Through working with our internal clients, building strong relationships with senior management and key stakeholders, continual service improvements and mainstreaming of innovations, the shift to a new digital landscape supports our operational requirements.
KEY ACCOUNTABILITIES (not all-inclusive)
- Participate in Country Office strategic planning and operational decisions to advocate for results and outcomes that are aligned with WFP corporate policies, standards and strategy.
- Keep abreast of both Technology standards and WFP’s strategic direction to identify new initiatives, provide guidance on Technology options, and adopt best practices to support the Country Office Strategic Plan.
- Engage with the Country Office business units to understand business objectives, gather requirements, and analyze capabilities with the objective of shaping demand for technology products, offering new opportunities to improve business processes, better stakeholder alignment and creating value for money propositions with technology solutions.
- Contribute to the thought leadership and advisory activities with regards to Cash Based Transfers and Country Office beneficiary data management requirements.
- Manage the delivery of projects to ensure solutions transfer into the business in accordance with established overall project objectives and business strategies and requirements.
- Delivery of IT Services for Kenya Country Offices (CO) in alignment with corporate TEC Division governance, guidelines and policies.
- Oversight of managed services ensuring service levels and key performance indicators are met.
- Identification and ownership of continuous service improvements.
- Manage relationships with internal staff and suppliers to ensure effective and efficient technology products and services are delivered.
- Drive a culture where consistent data are effectively used to take decision and drive the implementation of WFP IT innovative solutions.
- Provide leadership and management to BTU staff and act as a point of escalation and coordination for critical incidents.
- Provide regular reports and updates to the Senior Management team and Kenya Country Office units via operational meetings.
- Under the Annual CO Performance plan, set targets for delivery of BTU services and manage risks and mitigations of service provision.
- Review CO programme documents (e.g. submitted for Strategic Programme Review (sPRP) and CSP process), providing inputs to incorporate and strengthen Digital Assistance Service components.
- Participate and encourage capacity building initiatives aimed at building solid Digital Assistance Services expertise amongst IT colleagues in the CO.
- Manage and motivate a team of staff, providing coaching, mentoring, training and guidance to ensure appropriate development and enable high performance.
STANDARD MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS
Advanced university degree in business management, computer science, telecommunications engineering or social sciences, or First University degree with additional years of related work experience or trainings/courses.
- At least eight years (of which a minimum of three years internationally) of progressively responsible professional experience in IT or related area, with an interest in international humanitarian development. Experience in strategy development and digital transformation is highly desirable.
- Experience of delivering IT services that align an organisation’s vision, mission, objectives, strategy, business and user needs.
- Understanding of the software development lifecycle (SDLC).
- Sound knowledge of ITIL service principles, experienced supplier manager and focused on delivering CSI across production platforms and IT services
- Has managed large projects requiring innovative recommendations and approaches.
- Has managed large teams in complex environments, providing coaching, mentoring and trainings.
- Has built strong relationships with internal and external partners to identify key business issues and identify new/improved IT solutions and services.
- Has international professional experiences.
- Has shown to be consistent, data driven and agile during urgent situations.
- Has shown to be able to gain credibility and respect from the team.
- Has shown to be open to challenges and to share experience and knowledge with team members and colleagues.
- Has shown to be a change agent and take decision based on effective data analysis and user-centric approach.
- Has proven to listen and understand internal and external partners’ needs.
Fluency (level C) in English language. Intermediate knowledge (level B) of a second official UN language: Arabic, Chinese, French, Russian, Spanish, and/or WFP’s working language, Portuguese.
DESIRED EXPERIENCES FOR ENTRY INTO THE ROLE
Knowledge & Skills:
- Strong leadership in managing and developing operational teams and managed service providers in delivering and supporting IT services across all lines of business
- Expertise in budget planning, financial management and resource management
- Excellent oral and written communication skills, including the ability to explain technology solutions to non-technical colleagues, establish rapport and persuade others
- Accelerating professional services through industry best practice implementation.
- Ability to lead, train, mentor and coach a highly effective team coupled with project and programme management skills.
- Sound experience in IT Operations, both in HQ and Field contexts
DEADLINE FOR APPLICATIONS
5 June 2019