Jobs In Kenya 2019
KenyaCurrentJobs is creating transparency between you and the employers. Visit us everyday for latest jobs in Kenya. Search & apply your dream jobs in Kenya today with just a click away. The best job search website in Kenya. Please do not pay anybody a fee in the name of KenyaCurrentJobs. Proceed with caution. Report fraudulent jobs to firstname.lastname@example.org
A Must Read Article: 10 checks to identify fraudulent or scam job offers
Rail Transport Economist (Assistant Manager) will report to Research, Planning and Compliance Manager
- Collecting and collating statistical data on the planned railways programmes and projects;
- Analyzing traffic data required in designing highways for development;
- Preparing annual work programmes and budgets for rail planning and development;
- Collecting and Preparing economic data and information on rail network;
- Provide information and analyses towards the development of strategies for the rail operations
- Stake holder participation in activities regarding rail services network development,
- Conduct economic and sector work such as the identification and analysis of transport sector
- Development trends, economic analysis for corporation
- Provide technical inputs for the Corporation programming and contribute to the development of Corporations Partnership Strategy (CPSs) and Operational Business Plans for rail services
- Undertake Policy and Project Evaluation for the rail services
- Evaluate cost and benefits of projects as well as draw lessons for future rail projects for the Corporation
- Preparing and presenting periodic reports as required; and
- Compiling data for economic analysis of investment programmes and projects;
- Master’s Degree in any of the following disciplines: Economics, Mathematics, Statistics, Project Management, Monitoring & Evaluation
- Bachelor’s Degree in any of the following disciplines: – Economics, Mathematics, Statistics, Project Management, Monitoring & Evaluation or its equivalent qualification from a recognized institution;
- A minimum of eight (8) years’ work experience and at least two (2) in a supervisory role in the Public Service or Private Sector;
- Certificate in Supervisory/Management/Leadership skills
- Current Membership of a relevant Professional Body
- Valid Practicing License where applicable
- Proficiency in computer applications;
- Meets the requirements of Chapter Six of the Constitution.
Terms of Offer
An attractive remuneration package commensurate with qualifications and responsibilities of the position will be negotiated with the right candidate.
Interested and qualified candidates MUST complete the Kenya Railways application form (KR/HRA/KEA/FM08), attach their testimonials, certificates and National Identification Card (ID) and Curriculum Vitae (CV).
In compliance with the Chapter Six of the Constitution, attach the following clearance Certificates:
Criminal Investigation Department (CID)
Higher Education Loans Board (HELB)
Kenya Revenue Authority (KRA)
Ethics and Anti-Corruption Commission (EACC)
Credit Reference Bureau (CRB)
Applications to be addressed to the:
Kenya Railways Corporation
P.O. Box 30121, 00100,
To be received by Friday, 31st May, 2019.
Note: Only the short listed candidates will be contacted. Canvassing will lead to automatic disqualification.
Kenya Railways is an equal opportunity Employer