Jobs In Kenya 2019
KenyaCurrentJobs is creating transparency between you and the employers. Visit us everyday for latest jobs in Kenya. Search & apply your dream jobs in Kenya today with just a click away. The best job search website in Kenya. Please do not pay anybody a fee in the name of KenyaCurrentJobs. Proceed with caution. Report fraudulent jobs to email@example.com
A Must Read Article: 10 checks to identify fraudulent or scam job offers
Union Logistics Limited is a registered company specialized in offering value based logistics solutions to our local and global customers.
We have effectively developed the necessary resources to ensure optimum efficiency and professionalism thus enabling our clientele to benefit accordingly.
- To liaise with various shipping lines for issuance of shipping line charges for the issuance of the delivery order, to liaise with finance and ops managers to ensure payments are approved and paid to the shipping line.
- To follow and liaise with various shipping lines for issuance of Delivery orders and container
- guarantee forms, this includes attaching of the correct documents and following the laid shipping line procedures for each shipping line, for and ensure that EDIs are sent to KPA and ICD in good time so the shipment can be mapped and PUO generated after its release.
- To follow on validation of the guarantee forms with the various shipping lines, this includes communicating with the shipping line to get the invoices in good time and with the finance team to ensure payments for validation are done promptly.
- To follow and liaise with the transport team and sub-contractors to ensure that the empty containers are returned back to the shipping line depot as soon as possible before the expiry of the validation period.
- Follow with transporter to get the container interchange report from them, check on any damages etc. on the report, arrange for a joint survey where applicable with the shipping line, inform operations manager of any damages or any delays etc. in return of the empties back to the shipping line depot.
- To write and follow with various shipping lines for the refund of container deposit by following the laid down procedures by the shipping line when requesting for the refund of container deposit, ensuring correct documents are attached etc. and follow through until refund has been received.
- To advise the ops manager and accounts on the receipt of refund of container deposit and update the records accordingly.
- Diploma in Clearing and forwarding/Diploma in Shipping.
- At least 4 years’ experience in clearing and forwarding industry.
- Excellent problem solving & interpersonal skills.
- Excellent communication skills, both oral and written and reporting skills.
- Ability to multi-task and get things done to completion.
- A team player with a positive attitude, attention to detail and can work long hours.
- Knowledge and understanding of customs legislation, tariffs, import/export documentation, customs clearance, bond management and customs declaration.