Jobs In Kenya 2019
KenyaCurrentJobs is creating transparency between you and the employers. Visit us everyday for latest jobs in Kenya. Search & apply your dream jobs in Kenya today with just a click away. The best job search website in Kenya. Please do not pay anybody a fee in the name of KenyaCurrentJobs. Proceed with caution. Report fraudulent jobs to firstname.lastname@example.org
A Must Read Article: 10 checks to identify fraudulent or scam job offers
National Bank is a major player in Kenya’s banking industry. It is one of the largest banks in the country giving financial services to all sectors of the economy. The bank will continue to cover the financial landscape and respond positively to the needs of its customers, shareholders and the economy besides offering traditional financial services and products.
The Security administrator will be responsible for the administration of the banks information, security information systems, data and security policies and practices to ensure authorised users can readily access information and that the bank systems and information are protected in terms of confidentiality, integrity and availability.
Main Duties & Responsibilities
- Administration of the banks security solutions including firewalls, IPS/IDS/ VPN’s, Security Information and Events Management (SIEM), antivirus, network admission systems, data leakage prevention solutions among other solutions.
- Monitor and report on the performance of network, system and application security solutions to highlight areas of non-compliance and inform the development of improved practices and processes
- Manage the allocation of system privileged of users to ensure appropriate security setting are applied in accordance with organisation policies and application owner defined parameters
- Assist with security breach investigations to guide the refinement of information security policies and practices
- Manage the periodic maintenance of security systems and applications to ensure new threats are identified and managed and the security of the organisation assets are maintained.
- Support end users on complex and technical security issues
- Be a technical lead in development and implementation of project plans, risk assessments and contingency plans for the security solutions
- Identifying risks via analysis of monthly metrics, security assessments, audit reports, regular discussions with the departments; and other means that may be available to ensure that appropriate measures are taken to mitigate exposure.
- Audit and monitoring of internal and external information security infrastructure, including but not limited to Firewalls, Proxy Servers, Anti-Virus, e mail security applications, Network access control applications
- Regular monitoring of user activities through the Security incident and event monitoring application and mitigation of controls.
- Support the implementation of procedural, operational and technical Security Architecture enhancements
- Perform periodic security vulnerability assessment of the ICT infrastructure and process appropriate remediation.
- Monitor data backup and recovery procedures for adequacy; participate in business continuity and disaster recovery tests.
- Mentor / cross train team members on existing and new technologies and integrate and share information with other analysts and other teams within the security team.
- Interact with customers and staff at the technical level, as required and carry out special tasks at management’s direction. Ensure uptime and performance service level agreements are achieved monthly.
- Generating weekly status reports on the systems health and any performance issue of the security solutions.
- Perform other tasks and responsibilities as assigned by supervisor.
Academic & Professional Qualification
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science (or related area) with three to five years’ experience in information security administration and support experience.
- Strong knowledge of information security administration, Windows Server OS, Active Directory, Exchange, IIS, SQL operation and troubleshooting with a minimum of 3?5 years’experience
- Certifications such as CCNA Security, Checkpoint Certified Professional. CISA, CISM is an added advantage.
- A solid understanding of LAN/WAN networking
- Active Directory Group Policy design and configuration
- Active Directory/LDAP user and group administration
- Strong communication and documentation skills
- Flexible and able to adapt to a rapidly changing environment
- Must be organized and have the ability to manage projects of varying length
- Positive, self-motivated individual who can complete tasks independently
- Forefront of emerging industry practices by engaging in ongoing education and research
- Must be a team player
- Experience with information security systems administration in a financial institution.
- Certified Ethical hacking.
- Certifications relating to information security management e.g. CISA, CCSA, CEH
- Experience with other Microsoft technologies including Active Directory, Microsoft Active Sync, Office 365 and cloud computing.
Work Experience & Skills
- At least two years in information systems security or related experience.
- Solid systems security exposure and proficiency in at least two Operating Systems (Windows, Linux preferred).
- 3+ years’ experience as a Security/Network Administrator or equivalent knowledge
- Strong troubleshooting skills of complex system problems.
- Strong analytical skills in threat, vulnerability, and intrusion detection analysis.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Highly disciplined, motivated and able to work independently and as a team.
- Must be willing to periodically work non-standard hours and be on call.
Experience gained in Banking, financial or telecommunication industry.
Information security – Ability to oversee information security, understand best practices and techniques to maintain and enhance information security
Analytical skills – Ability to interpret error logs, monitor system performance data, and assess user information to ensure server reliability.
Communication skills –Effective written and verbal communication skills
Problem-solving– Ability to employ creative and technical problem-solving techniques in his day to day work.