Jobs In Nairobi 2019
KenyaCurrentJobs is creating transparency between you and the employers. Visit us everyday for latest jobs in Kenya. Search & apply your dream jobs in Kenya today with just a click away. The best job search website in Kenya. Please do not pay anybody a fee in the name of KenyaCurrentJobs. Proceed with caution. Report fraudulent jobs to firstname.lastname@example.org
A Must Read Article: 10 checks to identify fraudulent or scam job offers
GALVmed (Global Alliance for Livestock Veterinary Medicines)
Buyer Relations Lead, Foot & Mouth Disease (FMD)
Ideally based in Nairobi, Kenya (Other East Africa locations may be considered)
Regular international travel
GALVmed (Global Alliance for Livestock Veterinary Medicines) is a not-for-profit organisation whose vision is to make a transformational improvement in the wellbeing and economic progression of smallholder livestock farmers.
Aligned with GALVmed’s organisational mission, and as part of an AgResults initiative, GALVmed is implementing an FMD pilot project for the development of a regionally appropriate, safe, low-cost & effective vaccine.
A Buyer Relations Lead is required to work with policy-makers & the private sector to raise awareness of this Advance Market Commitment project in Burundi, Ethiopia, Kenya, Rwanda, Tanzania and Uganda.
If you have …
- A Bachelor’s Degree in agriculture, economics, business, international development or a related field, with a Masters being an advantage
- At least 7 years’ experience in the field of livestock policy and commercial private sector development projects
- Experience in regulation of veterinary products
- Knowledge & experience of policy development using evidence-based approaches and policy research
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving abilities together with project management skills
- Proven ability to work independently, effectively manage time & identify opportunities and challenges
- Experience working with governments in East Africa on FMD control efforts would be an advantage
- Experience of working with multi-cultural teams
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills (English essential)
- Excellent interpersonal and presentation skills with the ability to effectively communicate the pro poor agenda
- Ability and willingness to travel regularly throughout Africa
……..then GALVmed would like to hear from you!
Please visit our website https://www.galvmed.org/vacancies/careers/ to review the detailed job description and to find out more about GALVmed.