Jobs In Kenya 2019
KenyaCurrentJobs is creating transparency between you and the employers. Visit us everyday for latest jobs in Kenya. Search & apply your dream jobs in Kenya today with just a click away. The best job search website in Kenya. Please do not pay anybody a fee in the name of KenyaCurrentJobs. Proceed with caution. Report fraudulent jobs to firstname.lastname@example.org
A Must Read Article: 10 checks to identify fraudulent or scam job offers
Leowa Associates Ltd is a consulting firm in Agribusiness with over five years consulting experience providing business development services in various areas targeting a wide range of business enterprises. We target to solve business challenges through a combination of deep technology solutions and practical business deployment approaches. We deliver advice and services in support of implementation, management and operation of technology solutions matched to the needs of each client from strategy to sustainment.
The software developer shall develop android mobile applications and websites and customize applications, systems and interfaces to support internal process and business departments. The purpose of the role holder shall include activities relating to the application development and evolution of existing service applications including integration to related platforms.
- Anticipate business needs and identify and propose ICT products and services that fulfill those needs;
- Identify security vulnerabilities (in terms of security and data integrity), and eliminating them with strategic solutions that increase data security;
- Upgrade organization applications and all its functionality as required;
- Maintenance and configuration of hardware for clients and organization;
- Management and configuration of the virtual servers, and maintenance. This will involve but not limited to:
- Regularly review server technology trends and advise management for action to ensure seamless server operation and maintenance with as little downtime as possible;
- Oversee implementation of the same and monitor server security and data integrity;
- Report at the earliest risks and security compromises;
- Ensure regular server backup as per backup protocols approved;
- Lead in client’s hardware and software requirements determination;
- Be involved in customization, testing, deployment of the applications, and data conversion at client sites and monitor system performance;
- Leowa website update and maintenance;
- Take the lead in Leowa e – marketing strategy development and execution;
- Identifying and recommending new technology solutions;
- Managing the organization’s help desk (internal, external, or both);
- Implement policies that are chosen by management and reporting back on the same;
- To examine and research user’s requests for ICT solutions, liaising as necessary with managers and specialist staff, and ensuring compatibility with Organisation Policies and Procedures;
- To liaise with external suppliers of equipment, software and services, to ensure appropriate service, support and guidance is provided for Organisation equipment and services, in accordance with contracted levels of service;
- To keep up to date with technological changes in the ICT industry, and to develop new skills in response to these, and in accordance with the Organisation’s ICT strategy;
- To provide technical expertise and advice to colleagues in the ICT department, and to ICT users throughout the Organisation, in the identification and resolution of problems, and in the development of services;
- To provide documentation of procedures for installation and support of the organization applications, both organization wide and local and associated equipment;
- To monitor and escalate fault reports;
- Any other reasonable duties assigned.
- Experience with professional software engineering best practices for the full software development life cycle, including coding standards, code reviews, source control management, build processes and testing;
- Excellent understanding of software design and programming;
- In-depth knowledge of programming for diverse operating systems and platforms;
- Strong knowledge and experience in database technology [Oracle and MySQL] and writing database scripts including complex SQL queries and PL/SQL procedures;
- Working knowledge of android apps development, php and virtual private servers set up and management in different operating systems environments;
- Work as a member of a team;
- Respect cultural diversity;
- To be courteous, patient and tactful at all times, and to exercise the highest standards of customer care;
- Analytical thinking and problem-solving capability;
- All employees are subject to the requirements of the organization Data Protection and privacy policies and must maintain strict confidentiality in respect of patient and staff records;
- Follow staff dress code;
- Present a positive image;
- Become acquainted with and follow staff policies;
- Maintain appropriate staff relationships.
- Fulfill additional duties that are considered reasonable as assigned;
- Experience supporting end users to enhance service provision;
- Experience in a helpdesk environment;
- Experience developing financial systems;
- Experience in Integration with third party applications (Financial systems, Mobile money etc).
- Must be flexible with the ability to prioritize and manage own workload from a given set of tasks.
- Must be able to communicate with end users on IT related topics.
- Must have the ability to build effective working relationships at all levels.
- Must have the ability to work both individually and as part of a team.
- Must be able to demonstrate commitment to continuous self-development.
- Bachelor of Science Computer Science, Computer Engineering or Software Development or related subject.
- 2 + years’ experience active development experience with android apps development, php, java, frontend development and experience maneuvering various operating systems and server management.