Jobs In Kenya 2019
KenyaCurrentJobs is creating transparency between you and the employers. Visit us everyday for latest jobs in Kenya. Search & apply your dream jobs in Kenya today with just a click away. The best job search website in Kenya. Please do not pay anybody a fee in the name of KenyaCurrentJobs. Proceed with caution. Report fraudulent jobs to email@example.com
A Must Read Article: 10 checks to identify fraudulent or scam job offers
ACTED is a French humanitarian NGO, founded in 1993, which supports vulnerable populations, affected by humanitarian crises worldwide. ACTED provides continued support to vulnerable communities by ensuring the sustainability of post-crisis interventions and engaging long-term challenges facing our target populations, in order to break the poverty cycle, foster development and reduce vulnerability to disasters.
Their interventions seek to cover the multiple aspects of humanitarian and development crises through a multidisciplinary approach which is both global and local, and adapted to each context.
The Project Officer ensures the implementation of agriculture project activities and prepares written materials and progress reports on agriculture field activities. He/she contributes to effective and timely completion of agriculture activities, delivery of quality outputs and achievement of outcomes with maximum impact for beneficiaries. He/she reports directly to the Project Manager and works closely with the field team.
To implement agriculture activities in a timely and professional manner, according to objectives, goals and indicators and in line with donor requirements and based on beneficiary needs.
- Prepare the work plan and time schedules for impl
- Ensure staff awareness of, and respect of, ACTED’s code of conduct, FLATS procedures and donor requirements.
Beneficiary Engagement and Accountability
- Adhere to ACTED’s Code of Conduct and treat all beneficiaries with respect and without any distinction or discrimination based on nationality, race, ethnicity, tribe, gender, religious beliefs, political opinion or disability;
- Select the beneficiaries benefitting from agriculture activities;
- Communicate ACTED’s Complaints and Response Mechanism target communities and participate in solving complaints related to the project in coordination with the AMEU.
- Participate in project coordination meetings with the whole project team.
External Coordination and Stakeholder Engagement
- Undertake communication and liaison activities to actively consult and involve beneficiaries, key informants, actors, partners and stakeholders in all stages of project design and implementation;
- Cultivate good relations with key humanitarian actors – local and international, including government authorities and non-state actors, through regular attendance at technical meetings and bilateral meetings;
- Identify opportunities to collaborate and coordinate efforts with other organizations to ensure our activities build upon – rather than replicate – the work of others.
- Provide support to partners in project implementation and ensure timely and qualitative implementation of projects by partners in line with ACTED and donor requirements;
- Refer partners to relevant ACTED staff to support and/or train them in FLATS procedures where relevant;
- Participate in review meetings with partners, with particular attention given to the relationship aspects of partnership collaboration, and ensure that any issues or disputes are resolved in a timely manner.
- Ensure that each member of the agriculture team is aware of security issues, policies, SOPs and they follow them accordingly.
- Participate in the recruitment of agriculture technical staff (development of organigrams, ToRs, elaborating the tests and reviewing them; interviews etc.);
- Ensure that agriculture staff understand and are able to perform their roles and responsibilities;
- Follow-up the work plans and day-to-day activities of the agriculture staff;
- Manage the project staff in cooperation with the Project Manager;
- Ensure a positive working environment and good team dynamics among [sector] staff;
- Ensure capacity building among staff in agriculture.
- Contribute to the development of procurement plans;
- Send accurate and precise order forms in a timely manner;
- Ensure a proper management and use of the project assets and stocks;
- Plan agriculture team movements based on available fleet and applicable policies
- Forecast monthly cash requirements for [sector] activities and submit to the PM
- Assess the agriculture activities undertaken and ensure efficient use of resources;
- Undertake regular field visits to provide technical guidance and supervision as well as regularly monitor the progress of agriculture activities;
- Assists with monitoring the agriculture activities implemented by partners (if any) in the field;
- Document lessons learned and best practices and share them with the Project Manager so they can be reflected in project planning and decision making.
- Ensure adherence to donor procedures by project staff;
- Support the Project Manager in the preparation of progress and final reports, ensuring the quality and accuracy of technical information for [sector] activities
- Participate in communication activities through the regular collection of pictures and stories related to project activities;
- Participate in new proposal development processes through the provision of expert programmatic advice related to contextual knowledge.
- Offer technical support and inputs to other projects in similar sectors (e.g. BOQ design);
- Any other tasks as assigned by the Line Manager.
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent in international development, rural development or a related field;
- At least 3-5 years of relevant experience in a related position preferably in an international (development) context with good appreciation of agriculture sector;
- Demonstrated experience in Agriculture management in an NGO/INGO is highly preferable.
- Able to manage a high workload and meet tight deadlines
- Good numerical, report writing and administration skills; committed to consultative and servant-minded leadership; able to set clear objectives for staff and to delegate; able to enforce procedures
- Knowledge and understanding of humanitarian standards
- Ability to train, mobilize, and manage national staff
- Flexibility and ability to multi-task under pressure
- Good interpersonal skills, commitment and motivation
- Ability and willingness to travel to other regions where ACTED is operating when requested