Jobs In Kenya 2019
KenyaCurrentJobs is creating transparency between you and the employers. Visit us everyday for latest jobs in Kenya. Search & apply your dream jobs in Kenya today with just a click away. The best job search website in Kenya. Please do not pay anybody a fee in the name of KenyaCurrentJobs. Proceed with caution. Report fraudulent jobs to email@example.com
A Must Read Article: 10 checks to identify fraudulent or scam job offers
At Opera, we make web browsers for desktop computers, mobile phones and tablets. Our aim is to give users the best internet experience on any device and any platform. Today, people all over the world can share in the power of the Internet, no matter where they live or how they get online. We believe that participation changes everything. Visit jobs.opera.com to find ALL positions available at Opera.
We are seeking a hard-working, detail-oriented and experienced Editor for Opera News. This position is full-time and will be based in Nairobi, Kenya.
The Editor will ensure content shared on Opera News platforms is exciting, relevant and personalized as well as helping our users acquire extremely experience in our APP.
The ideal candidate should have a passion and nose for news. A background in the digital media preferably in a leading media house is an added advantage.
Work Places: Nairobi ,Kenya
Experience: 8 years minimum in the country’s top 3 News Medias
- Responsible for Opera News content operation and team management in Kenya .
- Responsible for FRN, Push and content quality, lead Opera News to be a respectable and top ranked News application in east Africa.
- Responsible for the daily/weekly report and data analysis, be results oriented and keep improving the work.
- Work closely with engineers to provide feedback for machine learning, collecting news sources, extracting keywords, labelling samples etc.
- Track the latest news, making sure the hottest news and topics are in the CMS.
- Skill for rewriting long headlines in to shorter format for Mobile devices.
- Push breaking news and trending topics in all Opera’s news products.
- Respond to KPIs defined by supervisors or headquarters.
- Continuously improving by capturing and analyzing the appropriate data/metrics, insights and best practices, and then acting on the information.
- Rigorous and organized, curious and innovative.
- Punctual, good sense to work in a team or alone.
- Bachelor’s degree in Communications, Journalism, Literature or related field.
- Experience with CMS; advanced editing skills.
- Ability to adjust rapidly to shifting deadlines and priorities.
- Knowledge in SEO, Search Engine Optimization, are preferred.
- Ability to work flexible hours, can accept to work on evening shift or weekend.
- Available to perform other missions requested by supervisors.