Jobs In Kenya 2019
KenyaCurrentJobs is creating transparency between you and the employers. Visit us everyday for latest jobs in Kenya. Search & apply your dream jobs in Kenya today with just a click away. The best job search website in Kenya. Please do not pay anybody a fee in the name of KenyaCurrentJobs. Proceed with caution. Report fraudulent jobs to email@example.com
A Must Read Article: 10 checks to identify fraudulent or scam job offers
Responsible to the Accountable Manager for ensuring Kenya Airways AMO compliance with all relevant regulatory authorities’ requirements, industry best standards, Kenya Airways procedures and customer requirements. Also ensures that the established safety and quality systems are reviewed and maintained.
- Establishing an independent quality system to monitor compliance of the aircraft maintenance organisation with KCAA, EASA Part 145 and other regulatory authorities requirements.
- Responsible for the implementation and maintenance of the Quality Management System, Safety Management System and Integrated Management System within the AMO.
- Define AMO Training requirements and ensure all procedural and regulatory training requirements are met.
- Liaison with the Aviation Authorities and certifying bodies on all matters relating to the Company Procedures Manuals/Exposition, capability determination, terms of approval, approval renewals, audit corrective actions, etc.
- Has direct access to the Accountable Manager on matters concerning the quality system. The Head of Safety and Quality has regular meetings with the Accountable Manager to appraise the effectiveness of the quality system. This includes details of any reported discrepancy not being adequately addressed by the relevant person or any disagreement concerning the nature of a discrepancy.
- Responsible for monitoring the amendment of Kenya Airways procedures and standard practices (MPM, MOE, including the associated procedure(s)) and their compliance with the current revision of regulations, plus any other applicable regulatory requirement and guidance material issued by regulators and submitting the same to regulatory authorities for approval;
- Responsible for management of Certifying Staff and Support Staff authorization process;
- Responsible for satisfactory certification/completion of paper work during aircraft base maintenance activities;
- Responsible for ensuring inspection of Kenya Airways aircraft for Certificate of Airworthiness and validity of Certificate of Airworthiness, C of R and Noise certificate;
- Responsible for co-ordinating action on airworthiness occurrences and safety related matters and for initiating any necessary further investigation and follow-up activity;
- Develop and ensure implementation the AMO’s Emergency Response Plan to cover aircraft incidents, occupational injuries, fires, spills, dangerous goods etc;
- Initiate & develop sectional strategy to meet the operational, growth and turnover requirements of the company while ensuring the requirements of KQ and regulatory bodies are upheld;
- Develop a strong communication plan while managing relationships with relevant KQ departments and external stakeholders especially Kenya CAA and contracted aircraft maintenance organisations;
- Develop the long term direction of the section and to ensure productivity and efficiency and ensure that staff numbers are optimized;
- Be fully responsible for the development and execution of the sectional budget plan. Establish aggressive but realistic cost, quality and timeliness objectives for the section and drive achievement;
- Attract, hire, develop and retain the best possible team ensuring that there is an outstanding group of employees with a common vision, sense of purpose and shared values who will focus on superior levels of safety, quality and productivity;
- Lead, direct, motivate and develop the Quality team to ensure that the agreed standards of performance and contribution are successfully achieved, whilst ensuring all staff receive performance assessments and clear objectives set.
- Bachelor’s degree/HND in Aeronautical/Mechanical/Electrical Engineering
- A licensed maintenance engineer;
- Must have successfully completed training in quality management course recognized by the Authority.
- Minimum 10 years overall work experience
- Minimum 4 years managing people
- Minimum 5 years’ experience in the field of aircraft maintenance
- Minimum 3 years should have been acquired in a quality department
- Must have successfully completed training in safety management systems course recognized by the Authority.
- Audit Techniques Training
- Aircraft type course
- Thorough working knowledge of airline operations, Safety and Quality Management System Principles, Kenya Civil Aviation Regulations, EASA and IATA standards.
- Attended mandatory trainings (Human Factors, Fuel Tank Safety, KQ Procedures, Regulations)
- Master’s degree is an added advantage.
- Computer Literacy
- Ability to interpret technical data
- Knowledge of Industrial Safety Standards
- People Management
- Project Management
- Aircraft Accident Investigation
Interested applicants should: