Jobs In Kenya 2019
KenyaCurrentJobs is creating transparency between you and the employers. Visit us everyday for latest jobs in Kenya. Search & apply your dream jobs in Kenya today with just a click away. The best job search website in Kenya. Please do not pay anybody a fee in the name of KenyaCurrentJobs. Proceed with caution. Report fraudulent jobs to email@example.com
A Must Read Article: 10 checks to identify fraudulent or scam job offers
The Clinical Information Network for Newborns (CIN-N) is now seeking a new team member with epidemiological / statistical skills. The assistant research officer will work as part of a team under the direction of Study PI and the Senior Data Manager / Analyst for the CIN as part of the statistics and data management team but with special responsibilities for neonatal data. The person will:
- Help manage the CIN-N data collection process, ensure the high quality of data, continue to improve the data systems and ensure these are adequately documented and ensure the production of timely hospital feedback reports and aggregate hospital reports for sharing with hospitals and other national stakeholders.
- Help update / adapt the CIN-N data collection system so that it meets the needs of new projects
- Work closely with CIN team members and assume some supervisory responsibility for ensuring hospital clerks are effectively managed. This work may include travel to county hospital sites and training / supervision of data clerks.
- Liaise with senior CIN team members, county hospitals’ hospital management teams, paediatricians, senior nurses and HRIOs to ensure the smooth running of the CIN-N
- Ensure the production of reports using CIN-N data for Principal Investigators and for project funders as required
- Help present the data emerging from the CIN-N at internal meetings and in hospitals
This position will be linked to two major new projects over the next 3 to 4 years that are focused on improving hospital level care for sick newborns. The planned work is also being conducted in partnership with the Kenya Paediatric Association, the Kenya Paediatric Research Consortium, and the Ministry of Health as well as multiple county hospitals.
As part of a wider contribution to the KWTRP research programme in Nairobi the post-holder may partake in or help conduct internal epidemiological methodological workshops and shared learning sessions and will be expected to contribute to and help organise internal seminars and journal clubs and provide peer review of emerging proposals within KWTRP together with other senior scientists
- BSc in a Healthcare Subject, Epidemiology or Medical/Bio Statistics
- An excellent academic track record as evidenced by grades for undergraduate training
- One year experience of the conduct of prior relevant research that has involved health data collection, analysis and report writing
- Good understanding of the Kenyan public health and hospital system and some understanding of DHIS2 and the Kenyan Health Information System
- Practical experience in data management, data visualization, and basic methods of data analysis
- Understanding of the procedures used for ensuring high quality data collection and management
- Basic skills in use of the statistical programme ‘R’ or similar programmes such as STATA
- Basic familiarity in using REDCap or of similar data capture tools/software
- Clear interest in health services research
- Prior work on team based projects and demonstrable organizational skills
- Excellent interpersonal, written and presentation communication skills
- Ability to work relatively independently to achieve agreed objectives
- Focus on timely delivery of objectives
All applicants are required to state their current/last salary.
Candidates must supply an email and telephone contact that will be used when offering interviews. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. Shortlisted candidates shall be required to produce ORIGINALS of their National Identity Card, academic and professional certificates, original transcripts and testimonials, detailed curriculum vitae and valid clearance certificate (certificate of good conduct) during the interviews.
The application closing date is ; 4th September 2019.
KEMRI-Wellcome Trust Research Programme (KWTRP) is an equal opportunity employer. Direct or indirect canvassing will lead to automatic disqualification. KWTRP does not charge a fee at any stage of the recruitment process (application, interview, meeting, processing, training or any other fees)