Jobs In Kenya 2019
KenyaCurrentJobs is creating transparency between you and the employers. Visit us everyday for latest jobs in Kenya. Search & apply your dream jobs in Kenya today with just a click away. The best job search website in Kenya. Please do not pay anybody a fee in the name of KenyaCurrentJobs. Proceed with caution. Report fraudulent jobs to email@example.com
A Must Read Article: 10 checks to identify fraudulent or scam job offers
The Clinical Anesthetist will be responsible for handling surgical patients and their pain relief during procedures. During surgery, anesthetist shall administer anesthetics
(drugs) and adjust them as needed, and they also monitor patients’ vital signs. In addition, they provide relief for women during labor, for patients in intensive care and for chronic pain patients.
Key qualities that are important:
Compassion is critical, and these professionals should have good communication skills to be able to interact with healthcare support staff and patients. The Clinical Anesthetist should be detail oriented, good problem-solvers and be skilled in working with their hands. Because they may spend lots of time in surgery, the anesthetist should have good physical stamina and patience. Having 2+ years experience in a similar position.
- Review and assessment of patients preoperatively,
- Management of patients postoperatively,
- Management of patients in theatre, ICU and HDU departments,
- Giving continuous medical education on a regular basis,
- Undertake requisite professional development activities,
- Use intravenous, local, caudal or spinal methods to administer sedation or pain medications during surgical and other medical procedures,
- Supervise patients and monitor their pain medications before, during and after surgery; offset adverse complications or reactions; record amount and type of anesthesia as well as the patients’ conditions throughout procedures,
- Determine risk during medical procedures by taking medical histories, examining patients and ordering diagnostic procedures like x-rays and laboratory tests; discuss with other healthcare professionals about the method and type of anesthetic to make patients numb to pain,
- Provide and sustain airway management and life support during emergency surgery,
- Monitor patients post-surgery and determine when they are stabilized enough to move to another room or go home,
- Educate patients and families on post-procedure care and possible complications; instruct on different ways to prevent disease and improve health,
- Provide leadership and guidance to the team, motivation, and appraisal.
- In charge of rota making, ensuring proper hospital coverage pertaining to anaesthesia,
- To provide care to critically ill patients in the HDU, ICU and including the Emergency department,
- To train staff on management of critically ill patients.
- Participate in technical committee’s as needed.
Candidates should send CV's to;