Jobs In Kenya 2019
KenyaCurrentJobs is creating transparency between you and the employers. Visit us everyday for latest jobs in Kenya. Search & apply your dream jobs in Kenya today with just a click away. The best job search website in Kenya. Please do not pay anybody a fee in the name of KenyaCurrentJobs. Proceed with caution. Report fraudulent jobs to firstname.lastname@example.org
A Must Read Article: 10 checks to identify fraudulent or scam job offers
The International Livestock Research Institute (ILRI) seeks to recruit a dynamic Legal Counsel responsible for the overall management of Legal, Intellectual Property (IP) and contractual matters in the implementation of ILRI’s research activities and institutional matters for operations worldwide.
The individual we are seeking has experience in legal issues involving litigation, intellectual property, and rights of international organisations. They will have excellent communications, drafting, review and negotiations skills with an eye for detail. S/he will offer creative solutions to implement efficient legal processes to streamline ILRI’s contracting and agreement management processes from drafting, reviewing, negotiating and finalising legal documents. S/he will work within the framework of ILRI and CGIAR governing policies, IP Policies and other institutional policies, laws and regulations while driving the Institute toward a sound corporate legal agenda.
ILRI works to improve food and nutritional security and reduce poverty in developing countries through research for efficient, safe and sustainable use of livestock. It is the only one of 15 CGIAR research centres dedicated entirely to animal agriculture research for the developing world. Co-hosted by Kenya and Ethiopia, it has regional or country offices and projects in East, South and Southeast Asia as well as Central, East, Southern and West Africa. www.ilri.org
- Provide leadership and advice to institute-wide legal matters involving a wide range of complex issues from dispute resolution, local and international litigation management, labour laws, compliance, ensuring that negotiations uphold ILRI’s legal rights as an International Organization and supporting ILRI’s Diplomatic Privileges, Immunities, Rights and related Obligations in ILRI’s offices worldwide.
- Lead and direct a small in-house legal team as well as manage external legal counsel to ensure on-time delivery of results and appropriate legal strategies are developed and implemented.
- Develop institute strategies on legal (corporate) risk management, litigation, and property issues.
- Provide advice on the strategies, policies and procedures related to ILRI engagement with the private sector and development of contract research organisation agreements that comply with national and international legislation.
- Develop and oversee all ILRI’s IP management strategies, ensuring regular review and full compliance with CGIAR and ILRI policies.
- Undertake the role of secretary for the ILRI Board audit and risk committee including liaising with the committee chair for agenda preparation, pre-Board meetings, preparation and of all committee material and preparing timely accurate minutes.
- Review, advise on and draft complex contracts, grant agreements, project documents, maintain and update ILRI’s portfolio of research contract templates, CRAs, MoUs, patents, licenses and other agreement formats.
- Master’s degree in law preferably in Intellectual property law or related field from a recognised university
- Ten years’ relevant work experience in commercial contracts, litigation or with international organisations.
- Relevant work experience in managing intellectual property assets and in negotiating research contracts in research environment. Solid experience on relevant laws including but not limited to laws governing International non-profit organisations; IP Law and related International Laws and Treaties, Labour Laws and Corporate governance
- Advocate of the High Court of Kenya
- Be of good standing and possess LSK practising certificate
Terms of Appointment
This position is at job level HG 19 and open to Kenyan nationals only. The position is a 3-year contract, renewable subject to satisfactory performance and availability of funding.ILRI offers a competitive salary and benefits package which includes; pension, medical and other insurances
How to apply: Applicants should send a cover letter and CV explaining their interest in the position, what they can bring to the job and the names and addresses (including telephone and email) of three referees who are knowledgeable about the candidate’s professional qualifications and work experience to the Director, People and Organizational Development by clicking on the “Apply Now” tab above before 23 September 2019. The position title and reference number REF: LC/ IP&P /08/2019 should be clearly marked on the subject line of the cover letter.
We thank all applicants for their interest in working for ILRI. Due to the volume of applications, only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
ILRI does not charge a fee at any stage of the recruitment process (application, interview meeting, processing or training). ILRI also does not concern itself with information on applicants’ bank accounts.
To find out more about ILRI visit our websites at http://www.ilri.org
To find out more about working at ILRI visit our website at http://www.ilri.org/ilricrowd/
ILRI is an equal opportunity employer.
Interested applicants should: