Jobs In Kenya 2019
KenyaCurrentJobs is creating transparency between you and the employers. Visit us everyday for latest jobs in Kenya. Search & apply your dream jobs in Kenya today with just a click away. The best job search website in Kenya. Please do not pay anybody a fee in the name of KenyaCurrentJobs. Proceed with caution. Report fraudulent jobs to email@example.com
A Must Read Article: 10 checks to identify fraudulent or scam job offers
The Junior Project Assistant (PA) will work under the overall guidance of the UNIDO Programme Manager (PM) and under the overall supervision of Chief Technical Advisor (CTA) in Vienna. He/she will be reporting directly to the National Programme Coordinator (NPC) and will support the UNIDO Field team in Nairobi, which is composed of CTA, National Programme Coordinator (NPC), Knowledge manager, and Driver. The PA will be part of the Programme Support Unit (PSU) of the Kenya MARKUP Programme and will be providing administrative support to the implementation of the above interventions (listed under background information).
The PA is specifically expected to:
Programme Administration Assistant
- Office management and daily organization of the PSU (answering phone calls, organizing and filing, sending and receiving letters, faxes, e-mails and any other written documentation, providing general clerical work etc.).
- Travel arrangements, hotel reservations, and expense reports for the CTA, experts, and for UNIDO MARK UP Team.
- Maintenance and archiving of programme records and documentation, both physically and in Opentext system.
- Coordination of overarching matters with other UNIDO project offices, as well as the UNIDO Office in Nairobi.
- Support in the writing of reports.
- Input of project documentation and records into UNIDO SAP system.
- Where needed, input of procurements and recruitments into SAP system.SAP, Financial Administration and Reporting:
- Maintenance of financial records during programme inception and implementation period.
- Contribution to the preparation of financial reports including usage of the SAP system.
- Acting as SAP Focal Point; guiding project office for proper utilization of UNIDO ERP SAP and OpenText to improve effectiveness and efficiency.
- Participation in relevant SAP training programmes, seminars and workshops.
- Maintenance of a database of local suppliers and service providers.
- Handling of the office petty cash, if requested.
- Arrangements for purchasing and receipt of office consumables.Progress Reporting:
- Assistance in drafting and proof reading reports as requested by CTA.Visibility:
- Assistance in drafting and proof reading visibility materials developed for different target audiences of the programme
- Coordination, negotiation and liaison with local service providers for visibility materials (website administrator, printers, designers, etc.)
- Coordination of social media channels
- When requested, maintain accurate and updated information on programme website.
- Support where necessary data collection for Monitoring and Evaluation project activities.
- Provide support in collecting content for our communication strategy.
- Provide logistical support to the workshops where needed.
- Completed higher secondary education.
- High school diploma or equivalent is required.
- Formal secretarial/clerical training or equivalent is desirable.
- University studies in the field relevant to the post may be counted towards experience credit (not exceeding a maximum of four years of the actual period of studies whichever is smaller).
- Fluency in written and spoken English is required,Fluency in Kiswahili is an added advantage.
- Proficiency in MS-Word, MS-Excel, MS-PowerPoint and Internet tools are required. Typing skills would be an asset.
- A minimum of three years of experience in a position providing support to managerial/professional staff requiring administrative and computerized abilities and preferably in an international environment.
- Experience in managing social media content.
- Work experience gained in sustainability standards, compliance issues, value chain, and value-added production desirable.
- UN project implementation experience would be an asset.
Interested applicants should: