Jobs In Kenya 2019
KenyaCurrentJobs is creating transparency between you and the employers. Visit us everyday for latest jobs in Kenya. Search & apply your dream jobs in Kenya today with just a click away. The best job search website in Kenya. Please do not pay anybody a fee in the name of KenyaCurrentJobs. Proceed with caution. Report fraudulent jobs to firstname.lastname@example.org
A Must Read Article: 10 checks to identify fraudulent or scam job offers
The position will primarily revolve around building software by writing code, as well as modifying software to fix errors, adapt it to new hardware, improve its performance, or upgrade interfaces. The position will also be involved in directing system testing and validation procedures, and also working with stakeholders or other programs on technical issues including software system design and maintenance.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Support successful adoption and use of integrated EQA database system (e-PT) at the NPHL to enable management of the Proficiency Testing (PT) program data and better utilization of the data for Ministry decisions.
- Support functionality of HIV QA systems used for HTS site assessments (SPI-RT) and HTS lab register data collection, data access and data visualization
- Modifying software to fix errors, adapt it to new hardware, improve its performance, or upgrade interfaces.
- Directing software programming and documentation development.
- Working with stakeholders on technical issues including software system design and maintenance.
- Analyzing information to recommend and plan the installation of new systems or modifications of an existing system.
- Consulting with IT staff to evaluate software-hardware interfaces and develop specifications and performance requirements.
- Designing and developing software systems using scientific analysis and mathematical models to predict and measure outcomes and design consequences.
- Conferring with project managers to obtain information on limitations or capabilities.
- Work closely with program staff to identify user needs and translate these into detailed product specification reports and management plans.
- Lead the development of information products for decision-makers to generate data-driven actionable insights.
- Lead the development of technology products for end-user iteratively reviewing implemented systems to identify usage and usability gaps. Propose and implement actionable improvements.
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science, IT or related degree.
- Knowledge of the software development life-cycle.
- The desire to work in fast-paced and demanding environment.
- Ability to develop unit testing of code components or complete applications.
- Must be a full-stack developer and understand concepts of software engineering.
- Experience working in CI/CD environments.
- Experience developing software documentation
- Working knowledge of version control systems such as git.
- Demonstrable expertise in PHP frameworks (particularly Laravel and Zend) as well as WordPress CMS.
- Expertise in Linux server deployment, configuration, and management
- Expertise in web server configuration – Apache and NGINX
- Operational knowledge of database management systems – MySQL, PostgreSQL and SQL Server – including database design, indexing, query optimization, and backups.
- Experience in interfacing software systems with hardware (such as laboratory analyzers) and with other software systems.
Interested candidates who meet the above-mentioned qualifications, are requested to send their cover letter and resume to;
indicating the position being applied for on the subject line of the email by 9th Sept, 2019. Applicants are advised to include the position title as the subject.
The University of Maryland is an equal opportunity employer.
Only short listed candidates will be contacted.