Jobs In Kenya 2019
KenyaCurrentJobs is creating transparency between you and the employers. Visit us everyday for latest jobs in Kenya. Search & apply your dream jobs in Kenya today with just a click away. The best job search website in Kenya. Please do not pay anybody a fee in the name of KenyaCurrentJobs. Proceed with caution. Report fraudulent jobs to email@example.com
A Must Read Article: 10 checks to identify fraudulent or scam job offers
The main activities of the Monitoring and Evaluation resource supported through funding of the IKEA the project will include:
- Audit of MEL systems in East Africa
- Audit to focus on Monitoring, Evaluation, Accountability & Learning Essential Standards (UK NGO basic sector standard)
- Embed three MEAL Essential Standards in HIH EA programs (starting with IKEA as a template)
- Log frame, every project has a project log frame that is used as project implementation and management tool.
- M&E plans and standardized monitoring data collection tools and methods: Every project has a project M&E plan that lists all the indicators in the project; defines all the indicators in a detailed way and outlines who collects analyzes, reports, verifies the data and how often. Specifically,
- Finalize indicator definitions: A part of this work that is key for IKEA are organizational definitions i.e. Enterprise; Job; Green Job & the organizational approach to capturing this data.
- The role would incorporate: Defining and standardizing across the organization these definitions and ensuring that they are adhered to.
- Review data collection tools: This work will also incorporate a review of data collection tools and approaches. IKEA are keen to understand how we ensure accurate income/savings/expenditure data; whether we should incorporate more longitudinal approaches; how we measure climate resilient activities – what tool and how?
- Finalize and embed a cross-network Results Framework-This will include representing HIH EA in the HIH network MEL working group and working with network partners to progress a cross-organizational Results Framework.
- Align standard indicators; approaches and data collection tools within M&E plans with this new standardized approach.
- Evaluation plan: Every project has a 2-page document outlining that specific project’s approach to evaluation. To address questions like: What are the key learning/evaluation questions in the project? How much funding is allocated? Internal or external? Topline methodology and key responsibilities.
- Support learning and Knowledge Management:
- Objective: Support integration of digital data capture across the organization. Maximize the opportunity for analysis and evaluation before, during and after a given programme.
- Agree on a plan with ICT and M&E team around the key priorities (and issues to address) through the updated MIS and its linked digital tools (for data collection; evaluation; dashboards etc.)
- Objective: Improve data use throughout the organisation. Ensure project managers and M&E team have the tools and skills needed to access understandable data reports and ensure issues highlighted by the data reports are addressed.
- Deliverable: Design and roll-out training to key staff (PMs, M&E team and Branch Managers) around internal data systems and how to maximise their use in day to day project management and evaluation.
- Objective: Improve internal analytical capabilities, starting with IKEA project.
- Deliverable: Train M&E staff on basic analytical tools and approaches, using IKEA Foundation project as a worked example.
- Contribute towards development of updated MEAL function for HIH EA
- Objective: Provide HIH EA with a strategy and roadmap towards a strengthened and appropriate MEAL function
- Deliverable: An action plan for addressing remaining gaps in HIH EA MEAL function, including recommendations for team structure, key roles and responsibilities and resources required (both human and financial).
Qualifications and Experience:
- Minimum 7-10 years’ experience working on M&E across different programs or organizations (and ideally in Kenya as well other countries or contexts)
- Excellent knowledge of MEL and MIS with an ability to think both strategically and operationally around the introduction and implementation of appropriate tools, processes, and strategies;
- Good experience designing and introducing new results frameworks at organizational level and/or leading MEL related change initiatives
- Experience of livelihoods programming, including common indicators use within the sector and the approaches for measuring these
- Track record of capacity building M&E staff on areas such as measurement, indicators, analytics, and new systems
- Experience working on or leading a digital transformation would be an advantage
Budget & LOE:
The LOE required is estimated at around 100 days.
Submission of proposal:
Interested candidates (preferably working as a team) should submit their proposal by 10th September,2019. The proposal should be submitted over email to the following email address: firstname.lastname@example.org specifying ‘Monitoring & Evaluation Resource’ in the subject line. The consultant agencies/bidders are asked to provide:
- A letter of interest.
- A technical and financial proposal that describes data gathering and sampling methods and a detailed financial breakdown respectively.
- A proposed process and timeframe for the evaluation.
Qualified and interested candidates should forward a cover letter and CV, citing the Position and Reference Number to;
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted
Giving Hope, Dignity and Choice
Hand in Hand Eastern Africa is an equal opportunity employer and does not charge or accept any amount or security deposit from job seekers during the selection process or while inviting candidates for an interview.