Jobs In Nairobi 2019
KenyaCurrentJobs is creating transparency between you and the employers. Visit us everyday for latest jobs in Kenya. Search & apply your dream jobs in Kenya today with just a click away. The best job search website in Kenya. Please do not pay anybody a fee in the name of KenyaCurrentJobs. Proceed with caution. Report fraudulent jobs to email@example.com
A Must Read Article: 10 checks to identify fraudulent or scam job offers
We are Africa’s leading training and consultancy center since 2003, offering technical consultancy and training services designed for individual and organizations in the agriculture, climate change and environment; disaster management; education; food and nutrition; health; humanitarian relief; logistics and telecommunication; recovery and reconstruction; safety and security; water and sanitation sectors.
We seek to recruit an aggressive, confident, fluent, mature and keen to detail Humanitarian Trainee& Learning advisor to manage all communications, both internally and externally on full time basis.
Training and curriculum Development
- Design and develop training programs (outsourced or in-house)
- Creation or modification of required training modules
- Choose appropriate training methods per case (simulations, mentoring, on the job training, professional development classes etc.)
- Use accepted education principles and track new training methods and techniques
- Design and prepare educational aids and materials
- Determine additional training strategies based on data or observation
- Perform any other duties as may be assigned from time to time.
- Preparing proposal and responding to related EOI and RFPs
- Following up new business opportunities and setting up meetings
- Planning and preparing presentations
- Communicating new product developments to prospective clients
- Overseeing the development of marketing literature
- Writing reports
- Providing management with feedback
Key responsibilities in consultancy work
- To provide scientific support in implementing various research projects
- Implementing field surveys, collecting and processing secondary data, developing research reports, policy briefs, communication materials, and presentations on research
- Implement farm household, market and consumer surveys, and collect and manage secondary data
- Facilitate focus group discussions and key informant interviews in selected areas
- Data entry, cleaning and management of survey data
- Managing electronic surveys: programming of tablets (for example with CSPro, ODK), retrieving and assembling the data, cleaning and organizing
- Locate, assemble and analyze secondary data relevant for specific research
- Conduct statistical and econometric analysis of survey and other data using STATA, SPSS or other standard statistical software
- Conduct literature reviews and assist in preparing strategy documents, research reports and policy briefs to strengthen research and publication efforts
- Masters degree in Science in agricultural economics/Agribusiness management, Public health, Horticulture, Agronomy or related field, from a recognized university or any other relevant degree with bias in quantitative and qualitative analysis, from an accredited university;
- At least Three (3) years of progressive experience in Research and Capacity Building in a reputable organization.
- Good computer literacy and knowledge of multiple statistical and/or qualitative software packages such as SPSS, SAS, STATA, R Studio, MS Excel, PowerPoint, Access and Word.
- Experience conducting field research
- GIS experience is an added advantage.
- Experience in conducting field surveys and analysis of farm household and market survey data
- Conversant with designing of questionnaires in CAPI using CSpro and/or ODK
- Good interpersonal skills, integrity, honesty and self-motivation
- Strong written, verbal, organizational and Interpersonal skills,
- Have at least one publication in a revered journal
- Have attended a ToT course within the last two years