Jobs In Nairobi 2019
KenyaCurrentJobs is creating transparency between you and the employers. Visit us everyday for latest jobs in Kenya. Search & apply your dream jobs in Kenya today with just a click away. The best job search website in Kenya. Please do not pay anybody a fee in the name of KenyaCurrentJobs. Proceed with caution. Report fraudulent jobs to firstname.lastname@example.org
A Must Read Article: 10 checks to identify fraudulent or scam job offers
Sanergy is an award-winning social venture that builds healthy, prosperous communities by making hygienic sanitation accessible and affordable in Africa’s urban informal settlements. Our systems-based approach to solving the sanitation crisis involves five key steps: we build a dense network of low-cost, high-quality waterless sanitation facilities – called Fresh Life Toilets.
We franchise the toilets to community residents, who run them as commercial toilets; landlords, who offer them as a value-added service to their tenants; and schools, to ensure children always have access to a safe sanitation option. We provide critical support services – such as access to finance, business analytics, training and aspirational marketing and branding.
We collect the waste regularly and safely remove it from the community for treatment. We convert the waste into valuable end products, such as organic fertilizer and insect-based animal protein, which we sell to Kenyan farms. We launched our first toilet in November 2011, and we now have a network of over 600 active Fresh Life Toilets run by over 300 Fresh Life Operators.
We have collected and converted over 7,800 tons of waste. At the same time, we have built a team of over 250 people. For our work, we have been recognized by Fast Company as one of the 10 Most Innovative Companies in the World Doing Social Good and one of the 10 Best Companies in Africa.
We are an increasingly sophisticated, highly intricate organization with many moving parts.
Sanergy seeks accomplished, driven individuals who will make substantive contributions to the organization.
We currently seek to recruit a Research and Development Trial Officer who will work in our New Technology Commercialization department:
A typical day for you might include the following
- Assist in design of Research and Development trials for Black Soldier Fly
- Write trial protocols
- Coordinate supply purchase/collection for trials
- Liaise with Production planner to utilize materials
- Implement Research and Development trials in the field and oversee data collection
- Communicate with field supervisor on trial updates
- Enter trial data and manage databases
- Assist in data analysis and report writing
- Assist Research and Development Specialists to carry out experiments and research to support production team in trouble shooting
- Provide field-based input for trouble shooting investigations.
- Designing, implementing and reporting on trials for: Full-scale design questions, Module 1 process improvements, Capability trials for full scale/Mod 1 technologies, Feedstock trials, Additional strategic trials as requested
Skills and qualifications you’ll need
- BSc. Degree in Biological Sciences or Engineering
- Masters in Biological Sciences or Engineering
- Previous experience implementing trials and proficient data management/analysis skills
- Ability to design creative cost effective solutions given limited resources.
- Demonstrable experience in proactively eliciting and documenting trial reports.
- Experience biological trials in a busy environment and getting results from the same.
- Experience in planning for trial setups and scheduling
- Experience in managing uncertainties in trialing work, the success candidate should be able to generate solutions to challenges and help design trials to answer unknowns.
- Must possess the following skills; Problem solving skills ,analytical skills, should be able to work with a team, has to be adaptable and flexible and have good Communication skills
Qualities you’ll need to fit in well with the Sanergy-Stars
- A collaborative spirit that compels you to work beyond your team
- A desire to understand and serve customers
- A willingness to embrace diversity, integrity, and empathy
- An innovative approach to assessing and testing new ideas
- An enthusiasm to achieve set targets and improve yourself professionally
Interested applicants should: