Jobs In Nairobi 2019
KenyaCurrentJobs is creating transparency between you and the employers. Visit us everyday for latest jobs in Kenya. Search & apply your dream jobs in Kenya today with just a click away. The best job search website in Kenya. Please do not pay anybody a fee in the name of KenyaCurrentJobs. Proceed with caution. Report fraudulent jobs to firstname.lastname@example.org
A Must Read Article: 10 checks to identify fraudulent or scam job offers
Performing a variety of test and procedures on a variety of goods and materials.
Tasks and Outputs
- Perform chemical and physical tests and analytical procedures to determine the nature, identity and composition ofa variety of inorganic chemicals, metals and related materials.
- Conduct chemical and physical tests and analytical procedures requiring the application of a variety of standard procedures and advanced analytical instrumentation.
- Carry out background study to determine the type and extent of analysis necessary and select test methods for supporting revenue collection, trade facilitation and enforcement activities.
- Modify and adapt analytical procedures and test methods to meet laboratory needs and ensure the accuracy and validity of results.
- Prepares and standardises reagents; maintains and calibrates instruments; orders supplies and equipment as needed.
- Ensure adherence to quality assurance procedures and compliance with safety requirements.
- Perform necessary calculations, review and interpret analytical results and prepare reports; and give testimony concerning samples analysed, test methods, analyses results and conclusions.
- Perform such other duties as may be assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in chemistry or equivalent qualifications.
Minimum years of experience
- Minimum three (3) years experience in a similar role.
Competencies required for this Role
- Good organisation and planning skills.
- Good research skills.
- Excellent computer operation and laboratory application of software skills.
- Good numeracy and data analytical skills.
- Attentive to detail/ good recording of data.
- Ability to work under minimal supervision.
- Work collaboratively with others.
- Thorough knowledge of the principles of organic chemistry, including qualitative and quantitative analysis; chemical laboratory procedures; and the principles and applications of advanced analytical instruments.
- Familiar with the Harmonized System (HS) Nomenclature and the East African Community Common External Tariff and related regulations.
- Have demonstrated ability to independently evaluate and select analytical methods and procedures; interpret results and prepare reports.
Interested applicants should: