Jobs In Dadaab 2019
KenyaCurrentJobs is creating transparency between you and the employers. Visit us everyday for latest jobs in Kenya. Search & apply your dream jobs in Kenya today with just a click away. The best job search website in Kenya. Please do not pay anybody a fee in the name of KenyaCurrentJobs. Proceed with caution. Report fraudulent jobs to firstname.lastname@example.org
A Must Read Article: 10 checks to identify fraudulent or scam job offers
Terre des hommes Foundation (Tdh)
Job Title: Child Protection Project Manager
Location: Dadaab, Garissa Kenya
Reports to (Hierarchically): Operations Coordinator
Number of subordinates: 18
Position Grade: B
Working time in %: 100%
Context: Terre des hommes Foundation (Tdh) is an INGO whose headquarters are in Switzerland and focused on integrated child health and protection. Tdh provides support to children in Dadaab refugee camp and in Korogocho slums. Tdh also implementshealth and nutrition projects in Garissa County.
General Responsibility: The Dadaab Child Protection Project Manager in charge of the implementation and supervision of the Child Protection project in Dadaab under the supervision of the Operations Coordinator. S/he is expected to deliver the project funded by multiple donors with quality, on time, on budget and with compliance.
Specific Responsibilities (Subject and Responsibilities)
- Develop and, implement the Child Protection project funded by UNHCR, UNICEF and BPRM in Hagadera refugee camp, Dadaab in accordance with multiple objectives, activities and targets outlined within current donor proposals and in line with projects’ budgets.
- Ensure that activities are appropriately monitored and evaluated and proposes when deemed necessary, amendments to the child protection strategy, in consultation with the Operations Coordinator.
- Conduct regular assessment of the Child Protection project and activities’ impact.
- In collaboration with the Operations Coordinator forecast and follows up on expenditures related to the Child Protection project including the preparation of cash advance requests on a monthly basis and the correct use of the administration forms.
- Lead in budget revision exercises.
- Prepares timely purchase requests in line with the Child Protection project needs.
- Supports required actions by the administration related to protection team management and supervision.
- Identifies administration support needs related to the CP project in Dadaab and communicates these to the Operations Coordinator and relevant administration support person.
- Participates in the development of a case management system, ensures qualitative implementation in Hagadera refugee camp and identifies needs for improvement.
- In a participatory manner coordinates the identification, mobilization and training of community members and other actors to encourage their participation in different aspects of the project implementation and development.
- In coordination with the Operations Coordinator, reinforce the referral system and maintain regular liaison with resource agencies in Dadaab (police, medical staff, local and international NGOs, Sub-county Children Officer, education partners, etc.) to promote and maintain a healthy and productive relationship with Tdh.
- Ensure the CP team involves the community, where appropriate, in the protection processes of children in particular need of help.
- Develop and coordinate awareness activities in close consultation with local authorities, communities and other stakeholders on Child Rights topics together with the CP team.
- Coordinates the capacity building support to the CP team, relevant local authorities, and agencies operating in Dadaab and host community as required by the project.
- Coordinates the capacity building of CORPs, both working for Tdh and other agencies, on Child Rights and Child Protection.
- Provide technical support to CP team members as needed.
- Develop capacity building plans for CP team members.
Project Strategy and Planning
- In collaboration with the Operations Coordinator participates in designing strategies and objectives for improved support to beneficiaries and contribute actively in its monitoring, evaluation and revision
- Participates in CP assessments.
- Participate in the review of the strategy for Tdh in Kenya if requested.
- Guarantees that the strategy of the CP project is implemented, effectively and timely, with relevant authorities and in support to the Tdh CP team.
Monitoring and Evaluation
- Organises and supports a base line survey and evaluation of the CP project in collaboration with the Tdh CP team, the Sub-County Children Office, relevant actors and ensures community participation.
- Works with the Monitoring and Evaluation Officer in the implementation of the database tools and field testing of the tools.
- Ensures correct data protection procedures and filing.
Human Resources Management
- Daily supervision of Tdh child protection team members in Dadaab.
- Participates in the development of accurate job descriptions as necessary for the Child Protection project team, in coordination with the Operations Coordinator.
- Participates in Tdh CP team recruitment and revision of job descriptions and assists in recruitment efforts through planning and interviewing of candidates.
- Ensures the team has a clear understanding of the Tdh CP mandate and project in Dadaab.
- Takes lead in performance evaluations of the Tdh CP team in collaboration with the Operations Coordinator.
- Organises and leads weekly team meetings and provides weekly program update and movement plan to Operations Coordinator.
- Lead and manage staff, encouraging effective team work and providing supervision and guidance, including regular and constructive feedback.
- Reports incidents and difficulties encountered with any Tdh CP staff members to the Operations Coordinator.
- Ensure regular performance appraisals of directly supervised staff, encourage personal development plans, and assist in the identification of training needs.
- In collaboration with the HR, assure the planning of annual leave and any other leaves allowed the Dadaab staff.
- Works in close collaboration and consultation with the Operations Coordinator.
- Coordinates with other sectors in Dadaab to ensure implementation of standardised activities.
- Works in close collaboration and consultation with available government structures, non-government actors and community representatives in Dadaab.
- Participates in Child Protection Working Group Meetings and and other CP technical meetings.
- Coordinate with other departments (programme and support) as necessary.
- Represents Tdh in all fora and meetings held at community and location level.
- Represents Tdh during media or donor missions if requested by Operations Coordinator.
- Develops a network to facilitate the project acceptance and stake holder’s contribution and ownership.
- Provides a compiled weekly meeting minutes report to the Operations Coordinator including movement plan.
- Ensures a monthly data analysis report is submitted to the Operations Coordinator after every month.
- Provides requested support to Operations Coordinator in development of monthly report.
- Upon completion of the assignment, submits detailed handover notes.
Abuse Prevention Policy – Operational Risk Management
- Commit to respect Tdh Risk Management Policies including: Code of Conduct, Child Safeguarding Policy, Safety and Security Policy and Anti-Fraud/Corruption Policy, Whistle Blowing Policy
- Commit to ensure the best implementation possible of the Tdh Risk Management Policies
- Commit to inform supervisors and to deal with any cases, allegations, or possibility of transgression, even potential, of the Tdh Risk Management Policies.
- Undertake all other duties that may be determined by the Operations Coordinator and that are compatible with the job.
- Maintain and ensure a culture of strict confidentiality – inter Tdh staff and between Tdh staff and non Tdh employees.
- Masters Degree in Social Sciences, or any other related field from an accredited academic institution.
- A minimum of 4 years as a project manager in NGO environment
- A minimum of 5 years work experience in the field of child protection or working with other vulnerable groups.
- Experience working in Dadaab an advantage
- Project Cycle Management, proposal development, report writing and budget management
- In-depth understanding of national and development issues in particular in relation to Child Protection
- Experience working with UN agencies will be an added advantage
- Good computer skills especiallywith excel and database softwares
- Excellent interpersonal, communication and presentation skills
- Strong negotiation skills
- Demonstrated ability to maintain integrity in performing responsibilities assigned
- Mature individual, able to work independently, under pressure, able to maintain accuracy, paying attention to details, meeting deadlines and working with minimal supervision
- Strong interpersonal and intercultural skills with proven ability to work effectively and harmoniously with a team of colleagues
- Commitment to and understanding of Tdh aims,values and principles
Languages: Fluent in English and Swahili, Somali an advantage