Jobs In Machakos 2019
KenyaCurrentJobs is creating transparency between you and the employers. Visit us everyday for latest jobs in Kenya. Search & apply your dream jobs in Kenya today with just a click away. The best job search website in Kenya. Please do not pay anybody a fee in the name of KenyaCurrentJobs. Proceed with caution. Report fraudulent jobs to email@example.com
A Must Read Article: 10 checks to identify fraudulent or scam job offers
Sanergy is an award-winning social venture that builds healthy, prosperous communities by making hygienic sanitation accessible and affordable in Africa’s urban informal settlements. Our systems-based approach to solving the sanitation crisis involves five key steps: we build a dense network of low-cost, high-quality waterless sanitation facilities – called Fresh Life Toilets.
We franchise the toilets to community residents, who run them as commercial toilets; landlords, who offer them as a value-added service to their tenants; and schools, to ensure children always have access to a safe sanitation option.
We provide critical support services – such as access to finance, business analytics, training and aspirational marketing and branding. We collect the waste regularly and safely remove it from the community for treatment. We convert the waste into valuable end products, such as organic fertilizer and insect-based animal protein, which we sell to Kenyan farms.
We launched our first toilet in November 2011, and we now have a network of over 600 active Fresh Life Toilets run by over 300 Fresh Life Operators. We have collected and converted over 7,800 tons of waste. At the same time, we have built a team of over 250 people. For our work, we have been recognized by Fast Company as one of the 10 Most Innovative Companies in the World Doing Social Good and one of the 10 Best Companies in Africa.
We are an increasingly sophisticated, highly intricate organization with many moving parts. Sanergy seeks accomplished, driven individuals who will make substantive contributions to the organization.
We currently seek to recruit a Maintenance Technician who will work in our Maintenance Services department:
A typical day for you might include the following
- Hands on maintenance of machinery.
- Train operators on AM and PM of equipment.
- Ensure operators conduct AM as required for both equipment.
- Conduct PM as required of both equipment.
- Respond to breakdowns and resolve them immediately.
- Record all maintenance data. Update the TPM (Total Productive Maintenance) board regularly. Test and implement equipment improvements.
- Track MTTR and MTBF for all equipment.
Skills and qualifications you’ll need
- Diploma in Mechanical/Mechatronic Engineering. A degree in the same field is desired
- Ability to conduct and train on Autonomous Maintenance activities.
- Ability to overhaul machines/engines.
- Ability to conduct Preventive Maintenance activities.
- Must have knowledge on TPM (Total Productive Maintenance) and RCM (Reliability Centered Maintenance)
- Ability to maintain equipment and facilities.
- Ability to resolve breakdowns in a timely manner.
- Willingness to try new approaches.
- Needs to be proactive.
- Ability to work well with others.
Qualities you’ll need to fit in well with the Sanergy-Stars
- A collaborative spirit that compels you to work beyond your team
- A desire to understand and serve customers
- A willingness to embrace diversity, integrity, and empathy
- An innovative approach to assessing and testing new ideas
- An enthusiasm to achieve set targets and improve yourself professionally
Kindly note this position is based in Kinanie, Mavoko constituency and should you be successful you will be required to live close to the area.
Clearly indicating your available start state, your resume/CV and cover letter by 22nd March, 2019.