Jobs In Kenya 2019
KenyaCurrentJobs is creating transparency between you and the employers. Visit us everyday for latest jobs in Kenya. Search & apply your dream jobs in Kenya today with just a click away. The best job search website in Kenya. Please do not pay anybody a fee in the name of KenyaCurrentJobs. Proceed with caution. Report fraudulent jobs to email@example.com
A Must Read Article: 10 checks to identify fraudulent or scam job offers
Gold Star Kenya (GS Kenya) was established in 2010 as a local affiliate of FHI 360. GS Kenya was born of the success of the Gold Star Network, a social franchise program initiative established in 2006 to promote comprehensive quality HIV care amongst a network of private health providers in Kenya and the desire to lead this network through a local registered nongovernment organization (NGO). We seek qualified candidates for the following position:
Requisition ID: GSK-T0-049
The Technical Officer/ Program Coordinator will be the GSK/LINKAGES project team lead based at the project site in Malindi DIC office. S/he will be responsible for the overall program management and coordination. S/he will supervise the Malindi site staff (clinicians, admin assistant/office assistant/admin staff, data/M&E officer), Peer Educator Supervisors. He / She will represent the GS Kenya LINKAGES program at the County TWG meetings and Stakeholder MOH meetings and be the link between LINKAGES project and key stakeholders (such as the National and County MOH personnel). S/he will also be responsible for monthly and quarterly project supervision, service quality assurance, ensuring data collection, analysis, data dissemination and for progress reporting. Working collaboratively with the STO and the site-based clinicians, will ensure targeted on-site mentorship to service providers and implementation of quality improvement initiatives to deliver the 90/90/90 performance targets are realized.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS: DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Provide technical and program management oversight to GOLDSTAR/LINKAGES activities in Kilifi county
- Plan for and coordinate the USAID-LINKAGES comprehensive HIV prevention and treatment targeting KPs/FSWs in Kilifi County
- Partner with relevant government agencies and other key stakeholders to ensure prioritization of KP/FSW programming in Kilifi County
- Develop and maintain working partnership between GSK and relevant stakeholders in Kilifi County – including developing a close working relationship with the Kilifi County department of health via the County Health Management Team, regional officers of NACC and NASCOP, law enforcement agencies, local and national government agencies and departments/ministries
- Coordinate the Development and rollout of an accelerated plan for provision of integrated HTS outreaches and in reaches at KP sites and at the DIC in Malindi.
- Coordinate and mentor activities of trained FSW peer educators in their respective area of work
- Liaise with peer educators, sub-county HMTs, sub-CASCOs, NASCOP TSU regional officers and NACC regional coordinators to develop a referral network of public and private health facilities where FSWs can be referred for services ·
- Liaise and collaborate with the SCHMT/NACC focal persons to conduct supportive supervision visits to project supported sites, document recommendations and ensure follow-up action is instituted following the visits
- Collaborate with the LINKAGES program regional SPO to implement health system strengthening activities that increase uptake and quality of integrated HIV services at project sites in the county.
- Liaise with county and sub-county health officers, NASCOP TSU, NACC and FHI360/LINKAGES to plan and coordinate on-site continuing medical education (CME), support supervision and mentorship sessions for site staffs and peer educators
- Ensure monthly and quarterly reports (narrative, data and financial) are developed and sent on time to therespective recipients (intemally, to sub-CHMT, CHMT, NASCOP, NACC and FHI360) M
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS AND REQUIREMENTS:
- Bachelor’s degree in Social Sciences, Community Development, Public Health, Environmental Health or related studies.
- 3-5years relevant experience on KP programming/sexual health for priority populations
- Trained in current HIV management, care and treatment and additional training as a TOT or in both adolescent and adult rational ART use is an added advantage
- Current HIV program implementation experience and current knowledge of KP programming priorities and strategies
- Sound understanding of HIV and AIDS and integrated TB, STI, SGBV, reproductive health/family planning and public health interventions
- Capable of effective communication and transference of skills, excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Capable of interpreting data and draw appropriate conclusions to their significance and relevance to public health.
- Familiarity with donor funded programs and communication styles.
- Work independently with initiative to manage high volume work flow.
- Ability to work in teams to accomplish given tasks, with flexibility with all persons and leaders, independently with initiative and to manage complex socio-cultural contexts
- Excellent report writing and presentation skills and management of tight schedules and timelines
- Excellent computer software skills for word processing