Jobs In Kenya 2019
KenyaCurrentJobs is creating transparency between you and the employers. Visit us everyday for latest jobs in Kenya. Search & apply your dream jobs in Kenya today with just a click away. The best job search website in Kenya. Please do not pay anybody a fee in the name of KenyaCurrentJobs. Proceed with caution. Report fraudulent jobs to email@example.com
A Must Read Article: 10 checks to identify fraudulent or scam job offers
Jumia is Africa’s leading internet company, with over 4,000 employees in 14 African countries. We have built winning businesses such as Jumia, Jumia Food, Jumia Travel, Jumia Pay and Jumia Services. It is led by talented leaders with a mix of local and international experience and is backed by MTN, Millicom, Rocket Internet, Axa, Orange, Goldman Sachs & CDC.
Founded in 2012, Jumia’s mission is to change people’s lives through the internet. We do this by building marketplaces that save customers money and time and create opportunities for vendors, and our other partners. At Jumia Ecommerce, we are building the largest & most loved shopping destination for Africans.
Africa is home to the fastest growing economies in the world, offering huge opportunities in a vibrant and booming environment. This growth has enabled innovative businesses to flourish and this is where Jumia plays its role.
We are looking for talented people with a passion for building businesses and for Africa, to join our team and embark on this exciting journey.
What’s this job all about?
As a Head of Category Mobiles and Tablets at Jumia, you will be responsible for designing and implementing the strategy of the category. You will be accountable for the most important of Jumia KPIs i.e growth and profitability.
This position is currently one of the positions where Jumia Group is investing the most to grow the pool of talent. We expect the best performers to be the next wave of CCOs, MDs and Category Directors across the group.
You will focus on one or several categories, managing c-levels end-to-end relationship for our top brands and vendors. From the very essence of commercial, operations or even co-organization of Jumia key commercial events. Your scope will provide you with all levers to drive your categories toward the right direction. This position justifies a high exposure to Managing Directors, CCO up to Jumia CEOs.
The main challenges are described as below:
- Building strong link with C-Levels and account managers of our top brands and vendors. You should justify of a flawless understanding of the entire ecosystem as well as a tremendous network. You will be the only one along with country managing director & CCO to represent Jumia in front of those key accounts
- Driving the growth by ensuring we have the right products at the right prices
- Making sure your accounts are matching key operational KPIs (out of stock and time for having the products ready to ship).
- Ensuring we anticipate sourcing through brand product roadmaps as well as we replenish fast enough missing strategic assortment.
- On-boarding 100% of your account’s products available
- Organizing key commercial events such as Black Friday, Jumia Anniversary, etc.
- Building business plan for your category (ies) to ensure we grow them in a structured way. Those BP will be presented to Jumia local CEO & CCO as well as Jumia Group CCO
Required Skills & Qualifications
- Strong commercial skills
- Good analytical skills
- Great capacity to handle high stake negotiations
- Structured and organized
- Good with tools (excel & PPT, Salesforce.com would be a plus)
- Resistant to stress
- Strong inter-personal skills: Convince the people and your team that you are making the right decisions
- Great ability to work in a fast paced and competitive environment
- Flawless English communication
- Experience over 6+ years either in FMCG, tier 1 retail groups, top banking & consulting companies
- Top Engineering, Business Schools & Universities (top 5 of your field for your country)
- Proficiency in MS Office and google tools
- Familiar with relationship management tools
- A unique experience in an entrepreneurial, yet structured environment
- A unique opportunity to help build & shape a growing African ecommerce giant
- The opportunity to become part of a highly professional and dynamic team
- Unparalleled personal and professional growth (our longer-term objective is to train the next generation of leaders for our future internet ventures)