Jobs In Kenya 2019
KenyaCurrentJobs is creating transparency between you and the employers. Visit us everyday for latest jobs in Kenya. Search & apply your dream jobs in Kenya today with just a click away. The best job search website in Kenya. Please do not pay anybody a fee in the name of KenyaCurrentJobs. Proceed with caution. Report fraudulent jobs to firstname.lastname@example.org
A Must Read Article: 10 checks to identify fraudulent or scam job offers
- Ensure consistency in grading in accordance with regulations.
- Consider and determine all appeals made to him/her under regulations.
- Identify grading problems and recommend remedial action.
- Work together with Production superintendents, veterinary office and livestock department to ensure attainment of departmental targets
- Participate in continuous review of the Standard Operating Procedures and production Work Instructions
- Supervise the work of graders.
- Submit daily grading reports
The ideal candidate shall possess the following:
- Bachelor’s degree in Food Science/ Veterinary/ Animal health courses
- Diploma in meat technology or any other higher level from a recognized institution
- Certificate in meat inspection and grading from recognized institutions
- Five (5) years’ experience in meat grading
- Conversant with Grading Regulations
- Conversant with hygiene requirements in meat processing.
- Advanced computer skills
Key personal attributes / functional skills
The ideal candidate should:
- Be honest, trustworthy and possess a high degree of personal integrity and professionalism.
- Be a team player with ability to motivate staff.
- Demonstrate ability to establish and maintain effective relationships with varied stakeholders.
- Be able customer centric and resourceful in problem solving.
- Able to prevent zoonotic and food borne diseases
- Be able to advise on hygiene and quality of meat meant for human consumption
- Be able to inspect meat meant for human consumption
- Able to grade carcasses correctly and advise farmers, livestock traders and animal transporters on how to handle and produce high quality animals for slaughter
- Be able to instruct ,supervise and advise on all slaughterhouse operations
- Able to control hygiene in slaughterhouse, meat processing establishments and meat transport containers and activities.
- Able to facilitate local and international trade of animals and meat products.