Jobs In Kenya 2019
KenyaCurrentJobs is creating transparency between you and the employers. Visit us everyday for latest jobs in Kenya. Search & apply your dream jobs in Kenya today with just a click away. The best job search website in Kenya. Please do not pay anybody a fee in the name of KenyaCurrentJobs. Proceed with caution. Report fraudulent jobs to email@example.com
A Must Read Article: 10 checks to identify fraudulent or scam job offers
The Nuclear Power and Energy Agency, formerly Kenya Nuclear Electricity Board (KNEB), is a State Corporation established under the Energy Act 2019. It is charged with the responsibility of promoting and implementing Kenya’s Nuclear Power Programme, carrying out research and development for the energy sector.
Reporting to the Chief Executive Officer (CEO), the job holder will be responsible for developing, planning, implementing and reviewing procurement policies, procedures and systems to ensure conformance with best practices and compliance with regulatory framework and providing professional opinion on procurement to the CEO and managing all the purchase and disposal of stores and inventory management by;
- Overseeing development, implementation and reviewing of procurement procedures strategies, policies and plans;
- Overseeing the development and implementation of procurement systems to ensure conformance with best practices and ensure compliance with regulatory framework;
- Guiding the management on policies relating to tendering, quotations, public tendering, evaluation and selection, approval, notification and contracts as stipulated in Public Procurement oversight laws and Regulations.
- Managing the supply chain function which includes among others the disposal of unserviceable/obsolete or excess items, inventory management, contract negotiation and management together with respective user departments, procurement of goods, services and works.
- Responsible for coordinating development and implementation of Annual Procurement and Disposal Plans and strategy.
- Developing, implementing and evaluating performance goals and targets for the department.
- In the execution of this assignment, the Manager Supply Chain will be expected to ensure and uphold exemplary Corporate Governance in line with the Government’s values and promote a robust performance-driven culture.
- Bachelors’ Degree in Supply Chain Management or any other relevant discipline from a recognized institution.
- Master’s degree in relevant field.
- Be a registered member of good standing with Institute of Kenya Institute Supply Management (KISM) and/or Chartered Institute of Procurement & Supply (CIPS) with a valid practicing license.
- Must have at least ten (10) years’ relevant work experience, five (5) of which should be in a senior management position.
Knowledge Skills and Competencies
- Demonstrable knowledge of the Energy Sector in Kenya;
- Demonstrate understanding of national values;
- Excellent leadership competencies including analytical skills, excellent organization and coordination skills and ability to make decisions;
- Meet the provisions of Chapter Six of the Constitution of Kenya;
- Proven ability to build and manage effective teams;
- Be detail oriented and have ability to meet deadlines; and
- Be results oriented.
Terms of Service and Remuneration
The appointment will be for a contractual term of three (3) years, renewable subject to effective performance and delivery of set targets.
The successful candidate will be offered a competitive remuneration package for the position